sharetrader
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    t/o closes shortly.

dont know why infratil was trying to say uncertainty in aus around renewables look at the size of this deal 22 billion to be built in pilbara , wind and solar power development’s planned output from 9 gigawatts to more than 11 GW

https://thewest.com.au/business/ener...-ng-b88983687z

and another deal

https://thewest.com.au/business/cont...-ng-b88984439z

australia renewables are going offf
    another deal, a little less uncertainty

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/4...wind-farm.html

Long Member

Acceptances finally gathering a bit of steam. pleasing to see (as an infratil holder)

Quote Originally Posted by Well Endowed View Post
    Acceptances finally gathering a bit of steam. pleasing to see (as an infratil holder)
    I think the recent market slump has caused many to take the profits they can get, seeing as they won't increase offer I will sell my shares and buy back if it fails at 10% below.

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    I think the recent market slump has caused many to take the profits they can get, seeing as they won't increase offer I will sell my shares and buy back if it fails at 10% below.
    Do you think they’ll get to 90% before the offer closes?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    I think they may extend the offer if they are close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    I don't believe they will, TLT have done a good job at presenting their worth... Recent upgraded guidance looks good to holders too.

I bought a whole bunch at 228 yesterday to accept the offer at 230... Entirely free of risk, even at 0.5% return after brokerage, it's free money nonetheless.
    Last edited by hardt; 26-10-2018 at 03:33 PM.

If you follow what is happening in AU electricity you would get out of TLT

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    If you follow what is happening in AU electricity you would get out of TLT
    I'm interested as to your reasoning here. Is it the climate denialism of the liberals? Or the fall off in projects as the renewable energy target winds up in 2020, and the lag between new policy, investor confidence and project rollout? Australia can't keep it's head in the coal forever, but I guess "recovery" could be a long time coming.

With the TLT shares, I'm most concerned about dilution and the need to inject more for capital raising, which is a point I don't think the independent directors have addressed. The latest offer extension runs out tonight.

The govt is threatening major interference if prices do not come down.The cost of new rewnewable generation is very low with cheap financing and I do not think TLT will be able to match the prices. On top of that a number of major industries are contracting direct with new generators and many domestic customers are going off grid. Solar panels are being installed very quickly and cheaply. The same will happen here but at a slower pace.I am glad I got out of TLT.

Quote Originally Posted by rua View Post
    I'm interested as to your reasoning here. Is it the climate denialism of the liberals? Or the fall off in projects as the renewable energy target winds up in 2020, and the lag between new policy, investor confidence and project rollout? Australia can't keep it's head in the coal forever, but I guess "recovery" could be a long time coming.

With the TLT shares, I'm most concerned about dilution and the need to inject more for capital raising, which is a point I don't think the independent directors have addressed. The latest offer extension runs out tonight.
    Why does dilution matter. If you do not participate in the capital raise you will just have a smaller slice of a bigger pie