sharetrader
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    No way....

Okay.....this is my understanding....

If someone bought 1000 shares at @$3 then it costed $3000.

Now ....1 share every 5 shares you own will be bought back....

So 1000 shares ..200 shares will be bought back at $2.91...u get paid $582

Remaining you only own 800 shares left....@$3....so...$2400 worth of shares left

I dont think after the bought back...I still own 1000 shares.... otherwise the market will be shoot up to $4 per share now

So total investment $2400 plus $582..paid from bought back ..total investment will be $2982....

So... basically u lose $18.....yes...the shares will be less on the register....but the higher SP u paid....the more u loss...on the bought back....

Then your original paid $3000 for 1000shares...becom 800 shares...that means 1 share worth $3.75 after the bought back. But the market is trading at $3.19

Happy to be corrected ....that my understanding
    That is how I see it too king1212. They are taking my shares off me and paying me less for them than what I paid for them...so I loose out that actually makes me want to sell now

Banned

If one bought below $2.90...then it is a good bought back....but the higher SP I paid ..the more u are going to lose in the short term...long term ...SP should be consolidate...but at the uncertain market condition.... nobody knows

We need Master Beagle to explain his thoughts..
    Last edited by King1212; 06-05-2020 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    That is how I see it too king1212. They are taking my shares off me and paying me less for them than what I paid for them...so I loose out that actually makes me want to sell now
    "They" are not taking your shares off of you - you own part of the company and are buying the shares off yourself. Any benefit you see to the company is actually a benefit to yourself, and the share price should adjust upwards to account for it.

It doesn't matter whether the 'you' the owns the company or the 'you' that is being paid out 'wins' - it's all just financial shenanigans to allow the company to hand out some cash without attracting tax.

Banned

Yes I got it.....but when u break it down mathematically.....then at the current SP...$3.19 is going to loss a lot...after bought back ...if u don't take the bought back cash to the account....then 1 share ..end up $4 on your holding.

Depanding on the market...it will take a while tfor the SP to trade around $4
    Last edited by King1212; 06-05-2020 at 09:35 PM.

Think about how it would work if you owned 100% of the company. It's like transferring your cash from one account to another.

The maths is no different if you only own 0.001% of the company.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    "They" are not taking your shares off of you - you own part of the company and are buying the shares off yourself. Any benefit you see to the company is actually a benefit to yourself, and the share price should adjust upwards to account for it.

It doesn't matter whether the 'you' the owns the company or the 'you' that is being paid out 'wins' - it's all just financial shenanigans to allow the company to hand out some cash without attracting tax.
    Oh deary me the Bears brain is very small and struggles to understand such things, thanks for trying to explain it to me

Oops a brain teaser going on here! ...............Think I will move on to the next stock.

does anyone know the date of record for this? Seems like a large free dividend to me?

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw the share price going down following the announcement. The remaining shares are slightly more valuable not less. Still, the current price is sentiment based so if the people think they are losing then the current price will drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarrgghh View Post
    does anyone know the date of record for this? Seems like a large free dividend to me?
    The day before it was announced ...bad luck
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”