sharetrader
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Works fine for me on Safari. You might be having a browser issue. Try a different one to Firefox.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Deej5 View Post
    Works fine for me on Safari. You might be having a browser issue. Try a different one to Firefox.
    The security certificate has expired. Safari lets you click through (ignore) to the site anyway. Depends on your browser and its security settings what message you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    The security certificate has expired. Safari lets you click through (ignore) to the site anyway. Depends on your browser and its security settings what message you get.
    I got in with IE 11 - same as you Baa Baa as far as messages/errors are concerned, can continue if you wish

One thing that interests me with contests like this is how well peoples picks represent their actual investments. I understand that factors such as investment timeframes, diversification, concentration risk, portfolio size and others will mean that picks in a 12 month contest will never fully align with actual investments. As a way of trying to present how representative my picks are of my actual investments I have listed my picks and their relative %'s at todays price in my portfolio. Interested if others are willing to share.
    AIR - 5.9%
    ATM - 12.5%
    PIL - 3.0%
    THL - 7.7%
    SUM - 11.2%

So all up 40.3% of my portfolio. I am a relatively small investor in the grand scheme of things. Currently sitting at a 3.44% return and placed in the mid 80's

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face I rarely enter anything that I actually own

I own 0 of 5 because:

BLT - illiquid
    FRE - overpriced
    OIC -illiquid
    PIL - illiquid
    TNR - only recently met by liquidity minimum but fairly priced.

But one never knows what will happen to them.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Cheers guys I renewed the certificate, I had set it up to do that automatically but seemingly that isn't working.

Yeah most browsers let you bypass it one way or another. It's kind of ironic; there's no need to have a certificate there at all and if there wasn't one there no browser would complain... it's only because there was an expired one. Some sites, e.g. this one - have no certificate. The certificate simply means that all the data that gets sent between your computer and the website is encrypted; which is important when sending confidential information, e.g. passwords, credit card details... not that you need to do any of that on Stocktastic bar your "change token" when you enter the competition.

Annnyway, I'll see if I can get this to auto-renew properly from now on as they're only valid for 3 months at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Rossimarnz View Post
    One thing that interests me with contests like this is how well peoples picks represent their actual investments. I understand that factors such as investment timeframes, diversification, concentration risk, portfolio size and others will mean that picks in a 12 month contest will never fully align with actual investments. As a way of trying to present how representative my picks are of my actual investments I have listed my picks and their relative %'s at todays price in my portfolio. Interested if others are willing to share.
    AIR - 5.9%
    ATM - 12.5%
    PIL - 3.0%
    THL - 7.7%
    SUM - 11.2%

So all up 40.3% of my portfolio. I am a relatively small investor in the grand scheme of things. Currently sitting at a 3.44% return and placed in the mid 80's
    If that's your five picks and results you'd be up by much more than 3.44%? Should be more like 8%?

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    If that's your five picks and results you'd be up by much more than 3.44%? Should be more like 8%?
    Rossi is only up 1.4% now

PIL a big negative
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Put my money where my mouth is on OIC and ERD. Cash flow crisis made me miss the boat on TTK, was going to buy March with a feeling that they'd grow mid year. Spark offer complete surprise, could have had the decency to wait until April!
    PLX, watching but not holding, such a fast moving sector that anything could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ001 View Post
    Put my money where my mouth is on OIC and ERD. Cash flow crisis made me miss the boat on TTK, was going to buy March with a feeling that they'd grow mid year. Spark offer complete surprise, could have had the decency to wait until April!
    PLX, watching but not holding, such a fast moving sector that anything could happen.
    You're brave! lol