sharetrader
Page 152 of 162 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2418

Excellent summary of global issues by Noam Chomsky to help understand when we get a bit bogged down in the detail.
    From Trump and Clinton, China, Russia, to democracy, climate change, Brexit and TPP, America's foremost intellectual presents his views on who rules the world today.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2lsEVlqts0

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    More fake news being found out..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...trump-apology/

As Brit Hume said; "One wonders how so many falsehoods could be crammed into a single article. Proof, if any were needed, that bias makes journalists reckless."
    I don’t think much is falsehood because most of it is opinion not fact e.g. whether her father a fearsome presence, why she left the course, whether she was struggling model, whether she advanced her career to Trump. The interpretations come from comments from interviews of people by Nina Burleigh for her new book Golden Handcuffs: The Secret History of Trump’s Women. The article, titled “The Mystery of Melania,” was an excerpt from book.

“We accept that Mrs Trump was a successful professional model in her own right before she met her husband and obtained her own modelling work without his assistance.” Meeting Trump would have advanced her career without a doubt, as he owned Miss Universe at that time.

Two statements on the face of it are based on facts but need a closer look.
    The article said Mrs Trump met Mr Trump in 1998, not in 1996 as stated in the article. In the book a photographer said Melania told him in 1968 she knew Trump. Who knows?

Facts: The article also wrongly claimed that Mrs Trump’s mother, father and sister relocated to New York in 2005 to live in buildings owned by Mr Trump. Fact: The Knavses have lived on and off with the Trumps for many years. So they did not relocate but probably lived in buildings owned by Mr Trump in 2005.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/02/21/did-melania-trumps-parents-use-chain-migration-move-united-states/359556002/

The article, titled “The Mystery of Melania,” was an excerpt from Nina Burleigh’s new book Golden Handcuffs: The Secret History of Trump’s Women.
    When reached for comment by The Daily Beast, Burleigh noted, "I know everyone is terrified of Gawker slayer Charles Harder. The book has been out since October, and excerpted widely in various U.S. publications without a peep of objection. I stand by my reporting.”
    Excerpts by Burleigh have not endured the same scrutiny in the United States and elsewhere but the U.K.’s strict libel laws define defamation as “the publication of a statement which tends to lower a person in the estimation of right-thinking members of society generally.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/britai...-melania-trump

Interesting to see how many Republican senators know and admit that government shutdowns are a bad idea.

“Shutting down the government should be as off limits in budget negotiations as chemical warfare is in real warfare,” Senator Lamar Alexander, Republican of Tennessee, said on Friday.
    “This never should have happened,” said Senator Lisa Murkowski, Republican of Alaska, speaking for many.
    “I’ve said repeatedly throughout this process that government shutdowns are a bad idea,” said Senator Rob Portman, Republican of Ohio.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/26/u...gislation.html

Lawmakers make push to outlaw shutdowns.

Time to put naughty Trumpy next time into a rubber cell when he is taking innocent hostages? It looks like his fan club is shrinking.

Did some of the Republicans find their long lost conscience? Not sure about that, but I think they start to realise that further support of Trumpy boys further cruel tantrums will curtail their very own politcial careers.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Interesting to see how many Republican senators know and admit that government shutdowns are a bad idea.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/26/u...gislation.html

Lawmakers make push to outlaw shutdowns.

Time to put naughty Trumpy next time into a rubber cell when he is taking innocent hostages? It looks like his fan club is shrinking.

Did some of the Republicans find their long lost conscience? Not sure about that, but I think they start to realise that further support of Trumpy boys further cruel tantrums will curtail their very own politcial careers.
    3 senators hardly a coup now is it.

And please explain this “This never should have happened,” said Senator Lisa Murkowski, Republican of Alaska, speaking for many.

Speaking for many what exactly? And can you define many, is it 3?

chuck.JPG.........

LOL - a self declared genius who promised "to hire only the best" after all this recruitment efforts surrounded by an “extremely passive and naive” top brass.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/30/u...elligence.html

I guess somebody needs to go back to school, but I suppose its not them.

There must be a reason why people call him the lying Donald ... and this has nothing to do with his body position ;
    ----

LOL - a self declared genius who promised "to hire only the best" after all this recruitment efforts surrounded by an “extremely passive and naive” top brass.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/30/u...elligence.html

I guess somebody needs to go back to school, but I suppose its not them.

There must be a reason why people call him the lying Donald ... and this has nothing to do with his body position ;
    Let have a look at the history of the American Intelligence agencies record shall we:

Iran
    Vietnam
    Chile
    Iraq
    Afghanistan
    Iraq (again)
    Lybia
    Syria

They got it wrong or outright lied to invade these countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddles View Post
    Let have a look at the history of the American Intelligence agencies record shall we:

Iran
    Vietnam
    Chile
    Iraq
    Afghanistan
    Iraq (again)
    Lybia
    Syria

They got it wrong or outright lied to invade these countries.
    That's OK - Donny is so clever he has more info than the US Intelligence community.
    He just knows!

Default State of the nation - from the liar in chief ...

One speach. 15 significant statements, of them 3 (i.e. 20%) true and the reminder of them (i.e. 80%) false, misleading or exaggerated / no evidence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/05/u...the-union.html

Ah yes - and the bully in chief asking for unity and the opposition to compromise without offering any compromise himself.

Sad state of the nation.
    ----

One speach. 15 significant statements, of them 3 (i.e. 20%) true and the reminder of them (i.e. 80%) false, misleading or exaggerated / no evidence.

Ah yes - and the bully in chief asking for unity and the opposition to compromise without offering any compromise himself.

Sad state of the nation.
    Your sources are biased and unreliable.

Did he not re-open the government in order to broker a deal? The dems said they would negotiate once the government was re-opened, they haven't.

Your jealously of Trump is obvious and I find it quiet sad that he owns so much of your head space.

Sad state of the nation.

"Trump’s speech, which clocked in at 90 minutes, struck a conciliatory tone from the get-go, with the president asking America to “choose greatness” and “embrace the boundless potential of cooperation, compromise and the common good.” The address went down well with the audience. A CBS poll found that 76 percent of viewers approved of the president’s message, while even a CNN poll also put the figure at 76 percent, with 59 percent having reported a “very positive” reaction."

76% of Americans polled approved the president's message. Looks like your pretty much on your own BP.

"Trump’s speech, which clocked in at 90 minutes, struck a conciliatory tone from the get-go, with the president asking America to “choose greatness” and “embrace the boundless potential of cooperation, compromise and the common good.” The address went down well with the audience. A CBS poll found that 76 percent of viewers approved of the president’s message, while even a CNN poll also put the figure at 76 percent, with 59 percent having reported a “very positive” reaction."

76% of Americans polled approved the president's message. Looks like your pretty much on your own BP.
    Because more Republicans watched it?
    Statistics are such a great thing if you want to create a message!

"Eighty-seven percent of Republican viewers had a very positive reaction to Trump’s speech, as did 57 percent of independents; 64 percent of Democrats, however, had a negative reaction."

"In the latest CBS national poll released last month, 25 percent of Americans identified themselves as Republicans. Among those who watched Tuesday night’s address, that figure was 43 percent, and Republicans helped bolster the overall approval of the address."

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post

Because more Republicans watched it?

Statistics are such a great thing if you want to create a message!

"Eighty-seven percent of Republican viewers had a very positive reaction to Trump’s speech, as did 57 percent of independents; 64 percent of Democrats, however, had a negative reaction."

"In the latest CBS national poll released last month, 25 percent of Americans identified themselves as Republicans. Among those who watched Tuesday night’s address, that figure was 43 percent, and Republicans helped bolster the overall approval of the address."
    "Because more Republicans watched it?"... Really?

"In the latest CBS national poll released last month, 25 percent of Americans identified themselves as Republicans. Among those who watched Tuesday night’s address, that figure was 43 percent,"

"and Republicans helped bolster the overall approval of the address." - No kidding!

"Eighty-seven percent of Republican viewers had a very positive reaction to Trump’s speech, as did 57 percent of independents; 64 percent of Democrats, however, had a negative reaction." or 36% of Democrats helped bolster the overall approval rating.

Update Ready To Install

Great speech writers for the President doth not a great president make. Fact checking has shown the usual number of outright lies ; lying which is his default position.Dumbing down the world and normalising deceit.

The most divisive President ever, racist, sexist, compulsive liar with the biggest narcissistic agenda(not even a covert narcissist) this guy is full blown.

"Embrace the boundless potential of cooperation, compromise and the common good." LOLOLOLOL he means "divide and conquer, create hate, racism, im the wannabe Dictator here "

"Global warming is just made up" This is the biggest crime in the history of the planet

"Choose greatness"= "Dont think, just do what i say, im accountable to no one"

"Because more Republicans watched it?"... Really?

"In the latest CBS national poll released last month, 25 percent of Americans identified themselves as Republicans. Among those who watched Tuesday night’s address, that figure was 43 percent,"

"and Republicans helped bolster the overall approval of the address." - No kidding!

"Eighty-seven percent of Republican viewers had a very positive reaction to Trump’s speech, as did 57 percent of independents; 64 percent of Democrats, however, had a negative reaction." or 36% of Democrats helped bolster the overall approval rating.
    Not sure what you are trying to say.
    25% of people say they are Republicans but 43% of the watchers were Republican - so they were over-represented (almost double).

Yes - 36% of Democrats liked his speech - SO?
    Given that Republicans were over-represented in watching and they love Trump then the stats are tilted.

At the end of the day it isn't about his talk - it's about his walk.
    See if he can compromise with the House Dems - continuing to ask for a down payment of $5.7bn for the wall woun't be a compromise really.
    And it is only a down payment for a wall that has become very expensive.

His talk is mostly lies or inaccuracies - doesn't help the walk.