sharetrader
Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169
Results 2,521 to 2,532 of 2532
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    And all the stuff from China is costing the American public more - how is that helping the economy - collecting extra tax/tariffs to pay for the people who can no longer afford the buy stuff due to the tariffs!
    It isn't of course. That's just a mixture of Trump ignorance, Trump stupidity and Trump lies.

老外

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    He's not the only one to suggest it - not as crazy as it sounds.
    I'd put it in the box of 'there are no stupid questions'.
    https://www.vox.com/energy-and-envir...cation-nuclear
    Though I'm not a fan of Trump I'm not a fan of blowing these things out of proportion either.
    A ridiculous assertion, just because stupid idiots have asked something multiple times, does not change facts. And it most certainly is as crazy as it sounds. Even your link says so.

Blowing things out of proportion? We have someone with the power to fire nuclear weapons suggesting they should be used recklessly for something that would kill thousands if not millions of his own citizens. Pretty sure the "proportions" are already blown out. Or were you making a pun?

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    A ridiculous assertion, just because stupid idiots have asked something multiple times, does not change facts. And it most certainly is as crazy as it sounds. Even your link says so.

Blowing things out of proportion? We have someone with the power to fire nuclear weapons suggesting they should be used recklessly for something that would kill thousands if not millions of his own citizens. Pretty sure the "proportions" are already blown out. Or were you making a pun?
    I'm not sure what assertion I made?
    I didn't say it was a good idea.
    Maybe you never wonder things or ask questions?
    If he had suggested it in a tweet it would be a different story in my view - should he not be allowed any ideas at all? (And I really dislike the man.)

He didn't make it a policy, he didn't suggest it to the wider audience - it was in a White House briefing where he should be asking questions. He obviously agreed with the conclusion as he didn't raise it again. People have latched onto this and let their bias get in the way of the facts.

Have a read of this for a bit of a longer history on what to do with Nukes - crazy stuff but people do wonder this stuff.

老外

I'm not sure what assertion I made?
    I didn't say it was a good idea.
    Maybe you never wonder things or ask questions?
    If he had suggested it in a tweet it would be a different story in my view - should he not be allowed any ideas at all? (And I really dislike the man.)

He didn't make it a policy, he didn't suggest it to the wider audience - it was in a White House briefing where he should be asking questions. He obviously agreed with the conclusion as he didn't raise it again. People have latched onto this and let their bias get in the way of the facts.

Have a read of this for a bit of a longer history on what to do with Nukes - crazy stuff but people do wonder this stuff.
    Oh right, sorry, it sounded like you were agreeing with him and open to exploring it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see nuking a hurricane would only cause a radioactive hurricane - one that will do a lot more damage to human life than if they left it alone.

This is the scary thing - that such an idiot is in charge of nukes - someone that has little idea of how they even work. It's like putting a 6 year old in charge of a big rig and hoping for the best.

Guru

Honest Don

Article only for those with a sense of humour - look through tweets.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/georg...b09bbc9eef6b44

Must be a lot of interesting pillow talk in the Conway household.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 01-09-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Honest Don

Article only for those with a sense of humour - look through tweets.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/georg...b09bbc9eef6b44

Must be a lot of interesting pillow talk in the Conway household.
    I like this one:

"I, Donald John Trump, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."#PresidentPinocchiosTopLies
    this must have been his most blatant lie ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I like this one:

'His claim that Melania had struck up a warm friendship with Kim Jong Un (they've never met)' has got to be up there in cuckoo land, where he spends most of his time.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americ...-lost-his-mind

老外

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I like this one:

Pretty sure the most blatant lie is that he enacted the VA Veterans Choice legislation. He has repeated the lie dozens of times, again and again. He regularly claims no president has been able to do it, it was him that pushed it through.

Obama enacted it in 2014.

Why do I elevate this one? Because it takes credit for something he had absolutely nothing to do with and creates the pretence that he can say absolutely anything he wants about policy, which is why people elect him. If he can lie about policies in this most overt way, it gives him free reign to claim anything about his or his opponents policies, no matter the truth. And I think this was what his real "lying end goal" is - to be able to claim anything about any policy and have people believe him. The birther mis-information, "lock her up" Clinton email scandal (she was cleared by a number of different investigations, he still repeats it) etc etc could just be passed off as "politiking" and "opinion", which were his enablers, preparation for full on policy lies. Once the gullible idiocy are locked into his small lies, they are prepared for the bigger ones.

Interesting thoughts blobbles. You could well be right.
    The only thing I'd say against that is it implies a plan, and a cunning one at that. I wouldn't have thought he had the brains for that but I'm probably so biased now I just can't see it.
    Thanks for the comment.

An attempt to understand the character Donald Trump:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/06/o...eality-tv.html

He yearns for the red light on the TV cameras to stay on ... and he is doing anything to keep them recording.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

老外

Interesting thoughts blobbles. You could well be right.
    The only thing I'd say against that is it implies a plan, and a cunning one at that. I wouldn't have thought he had the brains for that but I'm probably so biased now I just can't see it.
    Thanks for the comment.
    I don't think we should assume that Trump is a complete buffoon. He clearly is capable of planning, even though it appears to be rudimentary at best (see his numerous business failings).

This one is a double whammy. He takes credit for a bill signed by Obama and negotiated by Republican Sen John McCain (who he hated, the bill is named after him) and Sen Bernie Sanders (who is his main opposition). By taking credit for all of their wins, he demeans them all and elevates himself, in the eyes of the idiotic masses. Only 3 Senators opposed it, one of them - Jeff Sessions, look where he ended up.

Just think what the election is going to be like if this is the beginning of the half believable bull**** train that all his supporters eat up. The media and his opponents will be in such a spin trying to untangle his lies, he will be the only one with an apparent clear policy platform and the one hogging the lime light. I am thinking that's his real plan.

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    I don't think we should assume that Trump is a complete buffoon. He clearly is capable of planning, even though it appears to be rudimentary at best (see his numerous business failings).

This one is a double whammy. He takes credit for a bill signed by Obama and negotiated by Republican Sen John McCain (who he hated, the bill is named after him) and Sen Bernie Sanders (who is his main opposition). By taking credit for all of their wins, he demeans them all and elevates himself, in the eyes of the idiotic masses. Only 3 Senators opposed it, one of them - Jeff Sessions, look where he ended up.

Just think what the election is going to be like if this is the beginning of the half believable bull**** train that all his supporters eat up. The media and his opponents will be in such a spin trying to untangle his lies, he will be the only one with an apparent clear policy platform and the one hogging the lime light. I am thinking that's his real plan.
    Sadly I think you could be right.