sharetrader
Page 143 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2500
  1. #2131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    LA/ChCh/AKL
    Posts
    971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Interesting question: Can America survive a criminal presidency? Are there enough good men left?

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/09/o...er-russia.html
    Yes they can, as they have before..yes he has been caught on one aspect that is clear now by the system, the payments being private vs illegal electoral payments argument, his defence arguments are knocked given the corroborate evidence achieved under duress by the investigation..will they do much about it...we will just have to wait and see.. Given the pressure placed on other potential witnesses to change their story to support the argument..one is happy to sit here under our legal system, theres is as screwed up as their health system

    This is a major reason the market moved of later rather the US/China trade maneuvers reported in the media..
    Last edited by Raz; 14-12-2018 at 05:43 AM.

  2. #2132
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Yes they can, as they have before..yes he has been caught on one aspect that is clear now by the system, the payments being private vs illegal electoral payments argument, his defence arguments are knocked given the corroborate evidence achieved under duress by the investigation..will they do much about it...we will just have to wait and see.. Given the pressure placed on other potential witnesses to change their story to support the argument..one is happy to sit here under our legal system, theres is as screwed up as their health system

    This is a major reason the market moved of later rather the US/China trade maneuvers reported in the media..
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b009b8aea836d0

  3. #2133
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    4,948

    Default

    Truely intersting times ahead ... tomorrow will be the most important decision the FED made in decades:

    https://markets.businessinsider.com/...-12-1027818758

    The blonde-haired elephant in the room when it comes to the Fed decision is President Donald Trump's continued insistence upon criticizing the Fed. He's seen the effect a hawkish Fed can have on stocks, and he doesn't want the central bank to further destabilize markets.
    As such, he's made a habit out of criticizing the Fed on Twitter, an unorthodox ploy that challenges the institution's long-standing independence.
    Thanks to the self declared genius in the white house - this will be a lose-lose decision for the FED and the lost confidence into a FED undermined by Trump will clearly impact on the future stability of the markets.

    We did come a long way with the bigliest POTUS in all times, didn't we? But I guess at least some people truely deserve what they asked for ... and we others are just collateral damage.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  4. #2134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Mid of Middle_earth
    Posts
    742

    Default

    And once more, the Vulgar_ian comedian of the WhiteHouse has been honoured again by having a newly discovered amphibian named after him https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46614138

  5. #2135
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    4,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    [FONT="]And once more, the Vulgar_ian comedian of the [/FONT]WhiteHouse has been honoured again by having a newly discovered amphibian named after him https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46614138
    Just wondering - what crime did the poor worm commit to be deserving of this treatment?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  6. #2136
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    4,948

    Default Merry Christmas for Putin - Donalds best mate!

    I guess Donald realises that he might be next Christmas already in prison ... so he distributes the really big gifts already this year:

    His Friend Vladimir Putin gets Syria and the Midde East and
    the dictator and murderer Assad may suppress his people indefinitely.

    Merry Christmas to both from the white house!

    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-troops-syria/

    Sorry - no prezzies left for the West or for America ... maybe a government shutdown for his own people ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  7. #2137
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    4,948

    Default American lives not much worth under Trump

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/17/o...-kids-die.html

    40 times more people (per head of population and year) killed by gun violence in the US than in Britain;

    Infant mortality in the US twice as high than in Spain.

    Pretty shocking numbers for the richest country in the world, isn't it?
    But the corrupt and lying US president is too busy to wage trade wars, to give up US positions to other crooks like Putin and Assad and to screw up the world economy - ah, and of course - to fill the coffers of his family and of his rich buddies ... rather than looking after the interests of (not just) the weakest of his people.

    What a disgrace ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  8. #2138
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    4,948

    Default Time for the IRS to bring the crook behind bars ...

    Trump and his family apparantly used the non for profit "charitable" Trump foundation as slash fund for personal expenses as well as to finance his campaign.

    This would be theft - as well as tax fraud. Time for the IRS to investigate. Wouldn't it be ironic if it is the taxman who brings him behind bars?

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/15/o...y-general.html

    So many opportunities ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  9. #2139
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    4,948

    Default How can a family that can't run a charity run a country?

    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  10. #2140
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Whoops, replied to an ancient post.
    Last edited by Vagabond47; 26-12-2018 at 06:15 PM.

  11. #2141
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

    What if any facts did the NYT misrepresent?
    Former editor of NYT says they are biased against Trump. That I fully believe.

    A former executive editor of the New York Times says the paper’s news pages, the home of its straight-news coverage, have become “unmistakably anti-Trump.”

    Jill Abramson, the veteran journalist who led the newspaper from 2011 to 2014, says the Times has a financial incentive to bash the president and that the imbalance is helping to erode its credibility.

    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/for...rage-as-biased

  12. #2142
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    4,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Former editor of NYT says they are biased against Trump. That I fully believe.

    A former executive editor of the New York Times says the paper’s news pages, the home of its straight-news coverage, have become “unmistakably anti-Trump.”

    Jill Abramson, the veteran journalist who led the newspaper from 2011 to 2014, says the Times has a financial incentive to bash the president and that the imbalance is helping to erode its credibility.

    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/for...rage-as-biased
    Well, what's wrong with being biased against a corrupt lying and amoral president without a decent trait in his body. Any decent being would fight this crook.

    Calling a spade a spade is not "misrepresenting facts".
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  13. #2143
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    4,948

    Default

    Government shutdown hits poorest Americans the hardest. If it goes on than foodstamp distribution and and benefits will be stopped. I guess in a way this is quite ironic justice - wasn't it the poor and uneducated voting for the crook?

    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12186015

    But still - it clearly shows whom Trump cares for. Only for himself.

    Lets hope Americans are able to learn ... I don't hold my breath, but we shall see.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  14. #2144
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    216

    Default

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLIfL1UThHI
    Don Lemon: Trump waking up to whole new reality.
    Trump is facing 17 investigations. He held a televised cabinet meeting with five of his staff acting – Acting Defense Secretary, Acting Attorney General, Acting Chief of Staff, Acting Interior Secretary, Acting EPA Administrator.
    Trump saying Russia went bankrupt fighting in Afghanistan. Trump saying “If you say the wall is immoral, then you better do something about the Vatican.”

  15. #2145
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Trump saying “If you say the wall is immoral, then you better do something about the Vatican.”
    It has been said that it is immoral to build a Medieval wall and Trump retorts about the Vatican wall - I suspect that is a Medieval wall so what's his point?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •