sharetrader
Page 156 of 163 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2431
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well, you realise that the term "fake news" (in German "Lügenpresse") has been frequently used by supporters of the worst tyranns and autocrats in history to discredit the people criticising them? It is so easy to call the facts you don't like "fake news" - isn't it? The Nazis called any newspaper criticising Hitler "Lügenpresse" (i.e. fake news). Similar strategies have been used by the Russians before and after the revolution, by the Chinese and by the inquisition during the dark ages (latter managed as well to ban all publications they didn't like).

While Trump is too dumb to fit into this monster parade, is it still pretty thick for a supporters of this (well established) liar to call publications containing facts they don't like "fake news".

Related to the article - yes, it is an opinion piece. So what? The author does state a number of interesting facts. Maybe you should first read them and check the facts before you call them "fake"?

What exactly did they got wrong which would justify you to call them "fake"?
    As someone in the comments section eloquently put it:

The problem with the younger vote is that the young tend to equate whining on social media with voting especially when there it is not a presidential election year. They seem to have absolutely no sense of the importance of local and state elections in their lives and by the time they wake up, its too late....Republicans have no need to panic. Senior voting levels are high and predictable.

Trump's support (as per 538) is at the same level (well slightly under but not by much) it was when he got elected so there is no worry for him at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    As someone in the comments section eloquently put it:

The problem with the younger vote is that the young tend to equate whining on social media with voting especially when there it is not a presidential election year. They seem to have absolutely no sense of the importance of local and state elections in their lives and by the time they wake up, its too late....Republicans have no need to panic. Senior voting levels are high and predictable.

Trump's support (as per 538) is at the same level (well slightly under but not by much) it was when he got elected so there is no worry for him at this point.
    I wouldn't want you to worry BC - and I would not dare to forecast the outcome of the next US election ... though I think that there is hope ;

However - there are some encouraging trends, and above article captures some of them.

And related to the comment you choose to post - stereotyping is always wrong. Sure, there might be some young (as well as many old people) who think that they've done their bit when whining on social media. But others organise demonstrations, support decent parties, go to elections and even stand for election and get elected. Lots of young people moved last time into parliament and congress might be next.

Youth vote in the US increased drastically last time (though no doubt there is still room for further improvement) - thanks to Trumps repulsive behaviour and politics. You could even say he is doing a great job in mobilising the decent part of society ... against himself.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Who do you want as your democratic candidate BP? Trump hands down beats Harris, Sanders, Booker and Biden.

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/259a50...eid=a65cec7e32

To be fair I think this is in North Carolina, but still it shows the dems have a fair way to go.
    Last edited by blackcap; 20-02-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Who do you want as your democratic candidate BP? Trump hands down beats Harris, Sanders, Booker and Biden.

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/259a50...eid=a65cec7e32

To be fair I think this is in North Carolina, but still it shows the dems have a fair way to go.
    Well, yes - Trump is clearly beating any democratic candidate in the disciplines "biggest liar", "least integrity" and "most corrupt candidate". He is the largest d*ck and in many cases his member will be as well larger compared to whoever he competes with (particularly if the competitor is a woman). I am sure he will send out an updated tweet with attached evidence to keep his fans enthused (he did it before) - I guess this is what really counts for his fans - isn't it?

Look BC - I don't care whether in sport the team with the red trikots or the team with the blue socks win ... but I still find it difficult to understand how any decent person can support this ratbag. But maybe I need to update my view on humanity - thanks for keeping to remind me how many meanspirited and crazy people are out there!
    ----

Default From North Korea with love ...

I guess Trump was right to walk away from a bad nuclear deal with the "dear leader", no complaints about that.

However - his preparations have been, as usual, lacking and he only gave away a lot of leverage - for free. Legitimizing a ruthless dictator and killer and treating him as dear friend without getting anything in return was absolutely unnecessary. Kim is clearly the better deal maker of the two. Obviously - in this case the word "better" comes not with a moral connotation.

A better man than Trump would at least learn from his past failures and allow diplomats to do their work before he is providing free PR for the worst murderers and dictators in the world. Not so Trump - he still lives under the delusion that he might be a deal maker. Yeah right ... fill your other pocket.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/28/o...im-summit.html
    ----

Banned

For a president that was going to destroy the world hes doing a pretty good job.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ann...-trump-critics

"In 2016, Krugman also predicted that, because Trump won the election, "we are very probably looking at a global recession, with no end in sight."

Banned

What the hell are these people on?

These guys don't report the news, they are nothing more than bat-**** crazy activists. One would have to be completely devoid of common sense to buy into the absurd propaganda that we are dealt, hour by hour.

https://www.rt.com/usa/452918-cnn-an...-hitler-putin/

Quote Originally Posted by Paddles View Post
    One would have to be completely devoid of common sense to buy into the absurd propaganda that we are dealt, hour by hour.
    Tweet by tweet.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Tweet by tweet.
    That's so twue.

Whose bat-**** crazy? Just saying.......

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    Whose bat-**** crazy? Just saying.......
    Whose bat**** crazy what?

Default Donald failing according to his own "standards": bigliest loser?

U.S. trade deficit balloons to record level
    The United States imported more goods than ever last year, bringing its trade deficit with the rest of the world to $891.3 billion.
    President Trump has long been fixated on narrowing the trade deficit, which he believes is a measure of whether countries around the world are taking advantage of the U.S. Though few economists share that view, the new figures suggest that by his own metric, Mr. Trump is failing.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/06/u...e-deficit.html

"Tradewars are good and easy to win" (Donald Trump): Just another lie from the "lying Donald" - or another demonstration of his incompetence? Probably both.
    ----

Default Tariff Man has become Deficit Man

Republicans hate deficits. Or at least that’s what they claim.

Republicans in Congress spent the entire Obama administration inveighing against budget deficits, warning incessantly that we were going to have a Greek-style fiscal crisis any day now. Donald Trump, on the other hand, focused his ire mainly on trade deficits, insisting that “our jobs and wealth are being given to other countries that have taken advantage of us.”

But over two years of unified G.O.P. control of government, a funny thing happened: Both deficits surged. The budget deficit has hit a level unprecedented except during wars and in the immediate aftermath of major economic crises; the trade deficit in goods has set a record.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/07/o...p-deficit.html

Sad bunch of hypocrits ... or can anybody be really that clueless or incompetent or both?
    ----

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/07/o...p-deficit.html

Sad bunch of hypocrits ... or can anybody be really that clueless or incompetent or both?
    Really want one thing, but Promise another thing. Fail to deliver the promise and then blame the opposition. Sounds just like the main sponsors of Brexit too.

Guru

Great to see populism is alive and well in The Netherlands, a country I have lived in.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...utch-election/