sharetrader
Page 166 of 174 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2599

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    ... just to make sure people don't forget that Trump is not a laughing matter. He must be the most corrupt president in US history.

Pretty revolting stuff. Here is the list - if anything is missing, please let the NYT know (and feel free to add in this thread as well) ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/28/o...conflicts.html

Yawn: Another opinion piece devoid of any facts or sources.

Well, the campaign must have started - Donald kissing babies instead of killing them:

DonaldCampaign.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ong-un-cartoon
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Default US trade deficit the largest in 5 months ...

This self appointed genius started a trade war to reduce the trade deficit - didn't he? And now it is getting worse:

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...lance-of-trade

Never good to appoint kindergarten bullies to US presidents. While they might have all the character flaws their supporters so much admire, they just might be out of their depth to do the job;
    ----

Guru

This self appointed genius started a trade war to reduce the trade deficit - didn't he? And now it is getting worse:

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...lance-of-trade

Never good to appoint kindergarten bullies to US presidents. While they might have all the character flaws their supporters so much admire, they just might be out of their depth to do the job;
    He's playing a very dangerous game indeed.

----

Read this earlier today. Best article I’ve read yet and perfectly sums up the whole sad fiasco. If Americans don’t find a way to jump start the wimps in Congress soon, things are going to escalate very quickly, quite possibly to the point where it will be close to impossible to reverse.

Just the 1st 3 words of this article "He cages children..." told me he remainder of the article is politically biased rubbish full of emotive claptrap.

I suffered through the rest of it to to confirm this.

I note down the bottom The Guardian asking for donations. No wonder with this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    Just the 1st 3 words of this article "He cages children..." told me he remainder of the article is politically biased rubbish full of emotive claptrap.

I suffered through the rest of it to to confirm this.

I note down the bottom The Guardian asking for donations. No wonder with this nonsense.
    I think you are poorly informed. Trumps government does cage children. Quite sickening report this morning in Radio New Zealand, but for Trump fans it is probably o.k. if children are incarcerated "standing room only" without access to washing facilities or a change of clothes. Hey, it is only Latino children without US passport - no problem if they suffer or die ...?

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/world/360...-children-away

https://www.hrw.org/news/2018/10/22/...eing-locked-us

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...n-border-video

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...030549202.html

Quite sickening stories and pictures - but this is probably the logical evolution of people spreading hate and advocating to only look after themselves. (US) America First - isn't it?

Guardian providing good journalism and it is for free (no paywall) ... but they still need to pay their journalists. What is wrong with them asking for donations? Not everybody wants to get down to the level of Trump's lying press to be paid by the liar in chief.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 07-07-2019 at 03:46 PM.
    ----

Chose a historically reputable news site and clicked on your Aljazerra link BP.

Overcrowding of holding facilities of Mexicans no doubt exploiting or involving their kids in their illegal and unlawful activities.
    Just shows the extent of the problem and how badly it needs addressing.
    Described as 'horrifying' by you guessed it, Democratic legislators.

Fenced off behind a holding area. Yes
    With parents/guardians.. appears so.

Jailed. No
    Caged. No

I wonder if these Mexicans are free to go any time they want.... back to where they came from.
    It appears so, or are these the ones caught drug-couriering and the like?

Guru

I think you are poorly informed. Trumps government does cage children. Quite sickening report this morning in Radio New Zealand, but for Trump fans it is probably o.k. if children are incarcerated "standing room only" without access to washing facilities or a change of clothes. Hey, it is only Latino children without US passport - no problem if they suffer or die ...?

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/world/360...-children-away

https://www.hrw.org/news/2018/10/22/...eing-locked-us

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...n-border-video

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...030549202.html

Quite sickening stories and pictures - but this is probably the logical evolution of people spreading hate and advocating to only look after themselves. (US) America First - isn't it?

Guardian providing good journalism and it is for free (no paywall) ... but they still need to pay their journalists. What is wrong with them asking for donations? Not everybody wants to get down to the level of Trump's lying press to be paid by the liar in chief.
    You have severely lost it BP. Whatever you accuse the administration of right now, Obama was doing exactly the same. Not a peep from you then about the liar in chief that he was.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    You have severely lost it BP. Whatever you accuse the administration of right now, Obama was doing exactly the same. Not a peep from you then about the liar in chief that he was.
    The British ambassador must have lost it too then.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americ...nd-incompetent

Overcrowding of holding facilities of Mexicans no doubt exploiting or involving their kids in their illegal and unlawful activities.

Jailed. No
    Caged. No

I wonder if these Mexicans are free to go any time they want.... back to where they came from.
    The USA has been interfering in the politics of South American countries for a long time. The result has been disastrous for the economies and the people of many countries. To say the migrants come from Mexico is misleading as many are fleeing other countries regimes.
    Trump would be better served spending the money improving the living conditions of the migrants in their home countries instead of on his copy of the Berlin wall.

westerly

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    The USA has been interfering in the politics of South American countries for a long time. The result has been disastrous for the economies and the people of many countries. To say the migrants come from Mexico is misleading as many are fleeing other countries regimes.
    Trump would be better served spending the money improving the living conditions of the migrants in their home countries instead of on his copy of the Berlin wall.

westerly
    I think your right about the interference Westerly, but more than just politically. I recall sending a postcard to my parents in NZ from Colombia back in August 2005 (happened to be while hurricane Katrina was hitting New Orleans).
    Cost me a fortune (comparatively) as ALL postage had to go via the U.S. I have no idea how the States enforced this. The postcard was posted and was never seen again.
    I also recall it was not possible to get travel insurance at any price to go there (even though the last real uprising was 1985 I recall) so had to spend my 2 weeks there uninsured.

On the other hand. Looking at the disaster called Venezuela, perhaps the US should have intervened both sooner, and to a greater extent.

As for the wall, I think the cost of building and maintaining it would potentially be a waste. Too much boarder-length to police when a tunnel is all that is required to bypass it. Much cheaper to cram those caught into holding pens thus sending a very clear message about the potential consequences to those who want to risk illegal entry, especially those with children in tow. This is what Australia does now. Better for all (especially the children) to prevent the adults from trying in the 1st place.
    Last edited by Vaygor1; 07-07-2019 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Added the bit about Venezuela.

Jailed. No
    Caged. No

Sure most of the pictures show children and grown ups. Are they related? Who knows? Many credible reports about children separated from their parents. So credible that even Trumps henchman had to react to them. How do you know they are Mexican? Did you check their passports? More likely is their families are refugees who tried to escape the drug wars or killing commandos in Venezuela (https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...maduro-barrios), El Salvador or many of the other central American terror regimes.

But sure, there are as well in Mexico large areas where people need to fear for their daily lives - and they die in drug wars, through other criminal activities or just "disappear".

Your lack of empathy for these people is amazing. Ever thought that it was just chance of luck that you were born in a safer place? What would you do if you see people being killed all around you and you want to raise your family safely?

Move to a better place as you or your forebears did and than kick anybody else who wants to follow ...?

Jailed. No
    Caged. No
    Not jailed? You are right - no court of law convicted them of anything. They did nothing wrong - asking for asylum is a basic human right, but Trump's henchman still hold them (often indefinitely) in detention.

Not caged? Well, it depends on your definition of a cage ... would you want to live squeezed together in a small area behind a wire fence with many others? If it would be you behind the fence and afraid to go home to the killer commandos and drug wars - how would you call this, if not "caged"?
    ----

Exactly. Those who lack basic compassion would do well to remember the old saying .... “There, but for the grace of God, go I.”

Your lack of empathy for these people is amazing. Ever thought that it was just chance of luck that you were born in a safer place? What would you do if you see people being killed all around you and you want to raise your family safely?

Move to a better place as you or your forebears did and than kick anybody else who wants to follow ...?