sharetrader
Page 182 of 183 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183 LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 3652
  1. #3621
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    You got that wrong. While I agree that he says that he cares about the US ... you forgot: he is a liar!

    While a very small elite of US billionaires will be better off thanks to his actions ... Joe average in the US pays the bills through losing healthcare, through an increased tax bill (note - the tax reduction for the middle class is only temporary (10yrs), while the tax reduction for the rich is permanent) and through watered down environmental standards.

    Long term everybody in the US will pay for the in my view already irreparable loss in credibility the US is suffering. Trump (and with that unfortunately the US) stands for breaking international agreements and pissing off allies for perceived short term transactional benefits - sometimes not even for the country but just for the personal interests of the crook in chief.

    The US will soon learn what the real cost are for turning their country into a banana republic, but yes, it might be too late for the next election.
    Nothing like a third world style hearing to turn the place into a banana republic. Disallow evidence, and put the wing-nuts on Republicans to discourage free and open conscience voting. I see Trump junior and others wants to expel Romney from the party because of his vote. That's an unbelievable suggestion in what is supposedly a first world democracy.

    https://www.businessinsider.com.au/r...20-2?r=US&IR=T

  2. #3622
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    6,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Nothing like a third world style hearing to turn the place into a banana republic. Disallow evidence, and put the wing-nuts on Republicans to discourage free and open conscience voting. I see Trump junior and others wants to expel Romney from the party because of his vote. That's an unbelievable suggestion in what is supposedly a first world democracy.

    https://www.businessinsider.com.au/r...20-2?r=US&IR=T
    I guess it just shows that for anybody who has still a minimum of conscience and decency left - the Trump party is clearly the wrong choice.

    Tells volumes about the people who are supporting the crook.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  3. #3623
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    So you havnt learnt what you would stand up for thats really sad. Tell you what this will help you , its a question and answer thing with some written for you to understand, have a go, youve got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

    Tom Clay..What The World Needs Now (Abraham,Martin and John)

    Look at you trying to spin this like the weasel you are. You've been called out for praising a man that hasn't stood for anything, just because he hates Trump, and you couldn't point to one single thing other than Trump. You have zero substance.

    You know what I'll stand up against, I'll stand up against fools like you spreading your hate and BS. And I'll stand up to hypocritical little weasels like you when I encounter them. I'll stand up against jerks like you that think you are smarter than anyone that disagrees with them.

  4. #3624
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddles View Post
    And I'll stand up to hypocritical little weasels like you when I encounter them. I'll stand up against jerks like you that think you are smarter than anyone that disagrees with them.
    Have you always resorted to calling people names and demeaning them or is it only since you became a Trump supporter and he normalised such behaviour?

  5. #3625
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddles View Post
    Look at you trying to spin this like the weasel you are. You've been called out for praising a man that hasn't stood for anything, just because he hates Trump, and you couldn't point to one single thing other than Trump. You have zero substance.

    You know what I'll stand up against, I'll stand up against fools like you spreading your hate and BS. And I'll stand up to hypocritical little weasels like you when I encounter them. I'll stand up against jerks like you that think you are smarter than anyone that disagrees with them.
    Just watch and listen , its a beautiful song with great moral compass learnings and messages from real events.Watch and grow

  6. #3626
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    6,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Just watch and listen , its a beautiful song with great moral compass learnings and messages from real events.Watch and grow
    No need, though to amplify paddles mental droppings by repeating them. Most of us who have her already on our ignore list are not interested. I guess we don't seem to have any moderation anymore, but the ignore button still works ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  7. #3627
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Mid of Middle_earth
    Posts
    880

    Default

    No. Peace is not what the world needs now but Trump meeting another Vulgar_ian Comedian occupying the WH too in a parallel universe. That will really make our day

  8. #3628
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    South Canterbury
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Paddles is a woman???

    Damn. That's disappointing


    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    No need, though to amplify paddles mental droppings by repeating them. Most of us who have her already on our ignore list are not interested. I guess we don't seem to have any moderation anymore, but the ignore button still works ;
    Last edited by justakiwi; 07-02-2020 at 05:54 PM.

  9. #3629
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Paddles is a woman???

    Damn. That's disappointing
    Why is that disappointing? What difference does the gender of a poster make?

  10. #3630
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    That is hitting the nail on the head and why I think there is so much antagonism and hate towards Trump. He actually cares about the US and his citizens. Unlike as you mention the likes of Ardern, Macron, Trudeau, Rutte, et al.
    and while everyone (well almost everyone here) voices their hate at Trump, they seem to forget that Americans by on large are not liars like Trump. But I can assure you i've met many Kiwis and Cdns that voice their hate at Americans just because they're from the US. Kinda like what i'm seeing here, people hating Trump because he lies a few times and is doing things against their beliefs. People! The Americans that vote for Trump are not like Trump and fortunately, they know that socialism is a lot closer to communism than capitalism or a market economy system would be.

    Here in NZ, from what I see, we've been losing under Jacinda Ardern. She has not fixed the housing problem, she has not fixed taxation (as CGT was a key issues in their election), she has not fixed mental health issues, our medical health care system is under extreme stresses with lots of mishaps, she has done nothing to address climate change (even though she talks a lot about it), ....

    i'm not even sure what's she's good at? (certainly she's not even trying)

  11. #3631
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    12,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    and while everyone (well almost everyone here) voices their hate at Trump, they seem to forget that Americans by on large are not liars like Trump. But I can assure you i've met many Kiwis and Cdns that voice their hate at Americans just because they're from the US. Kinda like what i'm seeing here, people hating Trump because he lies a few times and is doing things against their beliefs. People! The Americans that vote for Trump are not like Trump and fortunately, they know that socialism is a lot closer to communism than capitalism or a market economy system would be.

    Here in NZ, from what I see, we've been losing under Jacinda Ardern. She has not fixed the housing problem, she has not fixed taxation (as CGT was a key issues in their election), she has not fixed mental health issues, our medical health care system is under extreme stresses with lots of mishaps, she has done nothing to address climate change (even though she talks a lot about it), ....

    i'm not even sure what's she's good at? (certainly she's not even trying)
    Really?

    You genuinely believe that?

    Start with :

    Ivanka creating 15m jobs,

    He had nothing to do with the hush-money paid to Stormy Daniels, and

    Throwing the Kurdish women and children (whose men fought alongside Americans against IS and the Syrians) to be slaughtered by the Turks as he wanted to withdraw US troops from that region.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ims-over-days/

  12. #3632
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Really?

    You genuinely believe that?

    Start with :

    Ivanka creating 15m jobs,

    He had nothing to do with the hush-money paid to Stormy Daniels, and

    Throwing the Kurdish women and children (whose men fought alongside Americans against IS and the Syrians) to be slaughtered by the Turks as he wanted to withdraw US troops from that region.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ims-over-days/
    I believe no one is perfect. I also believe the media is grossly biased against him.

    You know a lot of politicians play around with prostitutes on their travels around the world?? Who cares. The voters in American aren't judging him by his personal wrongs he's done and if you think the Democrats are going to win voters over such issues... they're going to lose. Hell even the low income earners can see that and relate to Trump more than someone like Hilary.

    Trump himself said he wasn't perfect. I'm not perfect myself. But I certainly can see a difference when unemployment #s are down and law abiding minorities in America are getting ahead. He likes to talk trade and tells his people that he is trying to get a fair deal. WHO cares what he's done in his personal past life?

    and if you think the US troops are having issues... I strongly recall Obama spewing his view of "bringing Americans back" from the Middle East during his election campaign. He didn't.. and i'm not calling Obama a liar because he couldn't meet his promises. For a tough job being the president, a pretty looking face like Jacinda or Justin Trudeau only goes so far. Sometimes the best person for that job is one that is an 'a**hole, a liar, one that doesn't care about family, or one that has a sleazy background...

    Can American votes be wrong with his high approval ratings now??? You're not going to sway Trump supporters by saying the same repeated questionable acts he's done wrong before...

  13. #3633
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    12,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    I believe no one is perfect. I also believe the media is grossly biased against him.

    You know a lot of politicians play around with prostitutes on their travels around the world?? Who cares. The voters in American aren't judging him by his personal wrongs he's done and if you think the Democrats are going to win voters over such issues... they're going to lose. Hell even the low income earners can see that and relate to Trump more than someone like Hilary.

    Trump himself said he wasn't perfect. I'm not perfect myself. But I certainly can see a difference when unemployment #s are down and law abiding minorities in America are getting ahead. He likes to talk trade and tells his people that he is trying to get a fair deal. WHO cares what he's done in his personal past life?

    and if you think the US troops are having issues... I strongly recall Obama spewing his view of "bringing Americans back" from the Middle East during his election campaign. He didn't.. and i'm not calling Obama a liar because he couldn't meet his promises. For a tough job being the president, a pretty looking face like Jacinda or Justin Trudeau only goes so far. Sometimes the best person for that job is one that is an 'a**hole, a liar, one that doesn't care about family, or one that has a sleazy background...

    Can American votes be wrong with his high approval ratings now??? You're not going to sway Trump supporters by saying the same repeated questionable acts he's done wrong before...
    I could care a monkey's arse about swaying Trump's supporters or one of the Democrats becoming President.

    I care about values beyond $$$$ - which is where we differ, SBQ.

    I also care about honor and integrity - a line has to be drawn when the President of the US sacrifices innocent women and children for what? You may think that's ok and that's your choice. I don't.

  14. #3634
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    South Canterbury
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Because generally I find women to be at least a little bit nurturing and caring, not arrogant, judgmental, obnoxious people who resort to name calling and demeaning people as Paddles so consistently does. So yeah, disappointed to find out she's a woman. Please tell me her buddy Shrewd Crude isn't female too.

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Why is that disappointing? What difference does the gender of a poster make?
    Last edited by justakiwi; 07-02-2020 at 10:47 PM.

  15. #3635
    Guru Crypto Crude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I could care a monkey's arse about swaying Trump's supporters or one of the Democrats becoming President.

    I care about values beyond $$$$ - which is where we differ, SBQ.

    I also care about honor and integrity - a line has to be drawn when the President of the US sacrifices innocent women and children for what? You may think that's ok and that's your choice. I don't.
    Balance,
    You are one chocolate cluster short of a banana bumper bar...
    At old school dodgems I bet you were the big kid jamming up the kids attempting those reverse head on collisions....
    You should join justakiwi and take some time out...

    .^sc

  16. #3636
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Because generally I find women to be at least a little bit nurturing and caring, not arrogant, judgmental, obnoxious people who resort to name calling and demeaning people as Paddles so consistently does
    Interesting, as I have found women to be great at the name calling department as much so as men, judgmental too and as for obnoxious well maybe not but manipulative is a word that can describe some women I know. I think if you go across the spectrum women and men do not differ that much in the caring, name calling, arrogance being obnoxious etc, it just manifests itself differently.

  17. #3637
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Woods
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Interesting, as I have found women to be great at the name calling department as much so as men, judgmental too and as for obnoxious well maybe not but manipulative is a word that can describe some women I know. I think if you go across the spectrum women and men do not differ that much in the caring, name calling, arrogance being obnoxious etc, it just manifests itself differently.
    true some men and some women can be all of those things but the overly aggressive tone and over riding nastiness of Paddles posts certainly gives me a strong gut feeling as to their gender. I may be wrong or I maybe right, either way I have no time for people like that whatever their gender.

  18. #3638
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    South Canterbury
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Of course we can be all of those things. But for the most part we don’t do it in such a consistently aggressive way. Sure, now and then you will see me post a pretty “heated” comment, but you will rarely (if ever) see me demeaning or attacking people, on such a personal level. Paddles has shown over and over again a really nasty streak. She seems to be full of rage in everything she posts. Which is ​unusual for a woman.

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Interesting, as I have found women to be great at the name calling department as much so as men, judgmental too and as for obnoxious well maybe not but manipulative is a word that can describe some women I know. I think if you go across the spectrum women and men do not differ that much in the caring, name calling, arrogance being obnoxious etc, it just manifests itself differently.

  19. #3639
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    true some men and some women can be all of those things but the overly aggressive tone and over riding nastiness of Paddles posts certainly gives me a strong gut feeling as to their gender. I may be wrong or I maybe right, either way I have no time for people like that whatever their gender.
    You don't like it when your virtual signalling BS is called out and you're exposed as the hypocrites you are.

  20. #3640
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    6,048

    Default

    I think I need to apologize here for creating this deviation when using the female form "her" for said poster.

    Paddles are clearly a pair of poles with blades on one or both sides - i.e. plural and so I clearly should have used "they", which would have avoided guessing the sex of said pole.

    I am happy to confirm that I have no insider knowledge regarding the gender of the poster hiding behind this particular nome de plume, I just thought it fair to not always implicate by default the male gender for their droppings.

    Apologies as well to all decent pairs of paddles ... I am sure there are plenty around.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •