sharetrader
Page 3 of 182 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Actually - just consulted expert advise ... and happy to report that FP is right: Donald Trump is NOT the Anti-Christ (as described in the bible).
    See - told ya'.

Update Ready To Install

Natch ; no pictures in the Bible and its not a comic, doesn't tweet; but some maintain a hotline from heaven(and a cold wire to hell?) and more are entertained by following trump then JC it seems

I'm amused that you all even tried to justify your position with this fuzzy logic, states a great deal. I will not get into specifics on that subject as minds seem closed.

Let see if a little reality will result in something else.

Are you really all in a bubble that you show a general lack of society and personal awareness, surely not. I'm sure you all live in the real world and how do you assess people you interact with..everything they say or actions & intent, I would suggest the later is the over-riding factor.

Nothing Trump has done or said to date is any worse than I have heard and seen in so many people I have met through my entire life. Be it in non profits, social services, public sector, corporates, politics or family. People are flawed, being self absorbed and situationally honest are as common as a common cold. People struggle to cope with people that are different..the seeds for why we have so much racist opinions in this world. Sexist comments, women and men, like racist remarks, attitudes I have heard in every race I have met in life. I have met only a handful of what appear fundamentally honest people with sound values, based on my interactions with them.

Sure Trumps sound bites are surprising as public office usually is so PC that we do not hear it in pubic. People who do not state their agenda or provide incomplete information are as dishonest as anyone. The whole process of plausible deniability is inherently dishonest in public service.

Most people will judge Trump on his tangible actions going forward not all this media fluster prior to him even being in office. If he has a past he will pay for it now..so be it. Media is bought and paid for and you just lap it up as it suit your purpose. I judged my team members based on their results in the job, not their flaws and baggage unless it effects their role.

For those here whom I suspect simply know better..you are a pack of hypocrites, don't feel bad... your not alone :-)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Are you really all in a bubble that you show a general lack of society and personal awareness, surely not. I'm sure you all live in the real world and how do you assess people you interact with..everything they say or actions & intent, I would suggest the later is the over-riding factor.
    We all live in bubbles to greater or lesser extents...we mix with friends who are often of similar background and outlook. Many of us too mix in employment bubbles. And we twitter and facebook with similar groups of people. I hope Trumps actions prove my opinion of him wrong.

Nothing Trump has done or said to date is any worse than I have heard and seen in so many people I have met through my entire life. Be it in non profits, social services, public sector, corporates, politics or family. People are flawed, being self absorbed and situationally honest are as common as a common cold. People struggle to cope with people that are different..the seeds for why we have so much racist opinions in this world. Sexist comments, women and men, like racist remarks, attitudes I have heard in every race I have met in life. I have met only a handful of what appear fundamentally honest people with sound values, based on my interactions with them. ...
    Indeed I have met people who are inconsistent, racists, misogynists, liars and traitors etc. They have been different people or maybe several negatives in one person, so for one man to have all these characteristics is -well - greedy! Perhaps we should expect more of a Head of Government at least at the beginning of his term?

For those here whom I suspect simply know better..you are a pack of hypocrites, don't feel bad... your not alone :-)
    Yeah I have been a hypocrite at times - but debatable if I have known better but at least I am not President of a Superpower.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 05-01-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Guru

I'm amused that you all even tried to justify your position with this fuzzy logic, states a great deal. I will not get into specifics on that subject as minds seem closed.

Let see if a little reality will result in something else.

Nothing Trump has done or said to date is any worse than I have heard and seen in so many people I have met through my entire life.
    Maybe so, but this clown is about to become the President of the U.S.A. Go back and review footage of his behaviour and statements during his campaign. Watch his TV interview. Listen to his comments on Megan Kelly. What about 'the knowledge that he knows' (his words) that he was going to tell the world about yesterday - didn't happen. Not one thing he has said is showing one grain of truth. There is no need to worry about media fluster, as you call it. You can find and see comments straight from the deranged, benighted, megalomaniac yourself. There's nothing funny or amusing about this fool as some seem to think. There is danger.

Advanced Member

I would liken Trump to a Satyr.

I see Wikileaks is good now in Trump-land. The old Trump would have put Assange in the electric chair! I wonder what his position will change to next month?

So glad we could amuse you. What better can you do with a Trump supporter?

And good observation re the closed minds - actually Trump observed himself that his supporters have extremely closed minds:

Trump:
    I could 'shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters'
    http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/23/po...ebody-support/

That's what you meant - isn't it? Quite frightening that anybody could still support this guy ... and its nearly half of the US population. So many closed minds .

Nothing Trump has done or said to date is any worse than I have heard and seen in so many people I have met through my entire life. Be it in non profits, social services, public sector, corporates, politics or family. People are flawed, being self absorbed and situationally honest are as common as a common cold. People struggle to cope with people that are different..the seeds for why we have so much racist opinions in this world. Sexist comments, women and men, like racist remarks, attitudes I have heard in every race I have met in life. I have met only a handful of what appear fundamentally honest people with sound values, based on my interactions with them.
    Yep, I know some people with some of these flaws as well, though I haven't yet seen that many flaws combined in one sick personality. Never met anybody boasting to grab female genitalia (and this without consent), but I am sure that Trump is not the only sex offender - and never met anybody boasting that he could shoot people without being punished ... but maybe I don't move in the distinguished circles you do ...

They say - if you want to know who a person really is, don't let them suffer, but give them power. I am afraid I don't want to know what kind of person Mr Trump is - and it is absolutely idiotic to give the control of the most powerful nation in the world including a multiple worldwide overkill capacity into the hands of a man who only loves himself. How are you going to appraise him if he uses this power?

Welcome in the club!
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 05-01-2017 at 08:15 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Trump's deliberately getting off-side with China and wants to give a bit of boost to the arms race - when the disadvantaged in the USA become more disadvantaged, Trump will give them a job in the armed forces. Nuremberg PA ought to prepare their parade grounds...
    Right what I seen is a crowd full of patriotic men and women that love the country and new POTUS

....But as usually on here ... the same Nazi - Hitler - anti-christ BS rhetoric ....IMHO give the guy a chance before rating him the devil ...

It was well known the bulk of the trumps media grabbing headlines was to gain attention ...as to why we see a much different trump now he's elected .. the Guy would fill stadiums while peers had issues filling conference rooms....

As to the Trump-the devil doesn't even come close to Killary Kilton.. I'm sure she had him on speed dial ..
    http://www. national review.com/article/441441/hillary-clinton-nasty-corrupt-evil-crooked-ruthless
    People don't have ideas, ideas have people

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Right what I seen is a crowd full of patriotic men and women that love the country and new POTUS

....But as usually on here ... the same Nazi - Hitler - anti-christ BS rhetoric ....IMHO give the guy a chance before rating him the devil ...

It was well known the bulk of the trumps media grabbing headlines was to gain attention ...as to why we see a much different trump now he's elected .. the Guy would fill stadiums while peers had issues filling conference rooms....

I can't see a different Trump. Look at the nonsense he's spouting about Jackie Evancho sales. The man is a lunatic - in love with himself. Biggest problem is, and will continue to be, he believes everything he says. Megalomaniacs are never wrong.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post

As to the Trump-the devil doesn't even come close to Killary Kilton.. I'm sure she had him on speed dial ..
    http://www. national review.com/article/441441/hillary-clinton-nasty-corrupt-evil-crooked-ruthless
    When the circus comes to town, they fill stadiums. I still would not want the elephant or clown to be president of the USA.

Give me the boring, truthful person who tells me what they actually intend to do, and I would prefer them as President as I wave the Circus performer goodbye after his entertaining show.

An example since the election - Trump has flip-flopped already over wikileaks - not because the threat of Wikileaks to the USA has changed but because of the effect on Trump and his campaign's relationship with the Russians. He is still a loose cannon!

I likened Trump to a randy Satyr. Clinton was uninspiring but the lesser of two evils imo.

Just to move on - found an interesting opinion piece in the New York Times. Might help to better understand the other side (whatever this is):

“The difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Republicans believe people are fundamentally bad, while Democrats see people as fundamentally good,”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/op...for-trump.html
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 06-01-2017 at 08:35 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

The problem with the Republicans and Democrats for NZers is they don't fit our vision of right or left wing. The Democrats sit around where our supposedly right wing National sit, and the Republicans are way off beam, the party being stacked with religious nutters, who call themselves fundamentalists; gun loving freaks, all sorts of crusaders, e.g. those who would kill someone who has an abortion, anti-prostitution (in the land of the free). As Nino Culotto would have said, 'They're a weird mob'.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 06-01-2017 at 08:12 AM.

So glad we could amuse you. What better can you do with a Trump supporter?

And good observation re the closed minds - actually Trump observed himself that his supporters have extremely closed minds:

Trump:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/23/po...ebody-support/

That's what you meant - isn't it? Quite frightening that anybody could still support this guy ... and its nearly half of the US population. So many closed minds .

Yep, I know some people with some of these flaws as well, though I haven't yet seen that many flaws combined in one sick personality. Never met anybody boasting to grab female genitalia (and this without consent), but I am sure that Trump is not the only sex offender - and never met anybody boasting that he could shoot people without being punished ... but maybe I don't move in the distinguished circles you do ...

They say - if you want to know who a person really is, don't let them suffer, but give them power. I am afraid I don't want to know what kind of person Mr Trump is - and it is absolutely idiotic to give the control of the most powerful nation in the world including a multiple worldwide overkill capacity into the hands of a man who only loves himself. How are you going to appraise him if he uses this power?

Welcome in the club!
    Where is the button for a double helping of reputation when you need it. You've summed it up perfectly mate. I'd give you more rep if I could but the system says I need to spread it around first.

His repugnant behavior should be a warning to all. I think he deliberately set himself up to own the rights to those beauty pageants so he could abuse his position of power. "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" Trump has serious form when it comes to abusing power so what does that imply for his presidency ?

The love of money is the root of all evil. 1 Timothy 6:10 You'd struggle to find a better example than Donald Trump in terms of how that plays itself out and its a very real and present danger that's he's going to be in charge of arguably the most powerful military in the world, let alone what economic damage he could do which I genuinely fear is very much a secondary consideration.

Threatening North Korea with a tweet that their alleged new U.S. capable delivery system simply won't happen simply isn't acceptable conduct for the President elect. What does this imply, that we can "look forward" to a preemptive strike ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-01-2017 at 09:19 AM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    The problem with the Republicans and Democrats for NZers is they don't fit our vision of right or left wing. The Democrats sit around where our supposedly right wing National sit, and the Republicans are way off beam, the party being stacked with religious nutters, who call themselves fundamentalists; gun loving freaks, all sorts of crusaders, e.g. those who would kill someone who has an abortion, anti-prostitution (in the land of the free). As Nino Culotto would have said, 'They're a weird mob'.
    US politics is on an entirely different continuum imo. It needs a shake up and this is their best chance for it, not a great chance however their best to date. I will conclude that some here are writing for entertainment value and sincerely hope they don't live their lives in utter speculation and emotion as they write here..as we see with children... all that leads to is drama and inner turmoil.

I will say that I have found americans tend to be more closed minded on politics than kiwi's and strongly hold onto their political preferences from the past.
    Last edited by Raz; 06-01-2017 at 09:12 AM.

Default Disingenuous much?

Just to move on - found an interesting opinion piece in the New York Times. Might help to better understand the other side (whatever this is):

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/op...for-trump.html
    I'm sure the NYT and we could all do better if we really wanted to :-) How does this explain those that actually were part of the swing...
    Last edited by Raz; 06-01-2017 at 09:36 AM.