sharetrader

Thread: BeeBop does UK

Hybrid View

Hi BeeBop, also interesting reads. I also invest in investment trusts with a large holding in Scottish Mortgage, low cost active management which compliments my passive index vanguard funds. Investment trusts are not really advertised in NZ, a pity.

Voltage:

Thank-you to you too.

Ah, Scottish Mortgage...very much the big sister to my Monks (which is a tad more diversified than SMT but both Baillie Gifford globals). I did seriously consider SMT as an alternative to MNKS but at the time had a managed fund that was high in tech (I sold it last June when the race up had been exciting). I think SMT will continue to go from strength to strength due to their holdings in unlisted companies. I am so excited to hear that someone else is into SMT....my MNKS now makes up 22% of my UK growth folio so I daren't switch it into the more aggressive but superb SMT.

Sadly, I saw that the NZX is listing more iShares (BlackRock) on the NZX...what a pity as it is just driving "standard performance". There could well be a business opportunity for someone to set up an IT in NZ all in NZD. That said, Bankers, F&C, Henderson's FE, City of London, and Templeton EM are all available. Banker's was a great one for me (I bought it 2010)...and sold after a 120% run up and decided to pay off one of my Auckland property mortgages with it in 2013...back in the day when I was securing gains.

It is a pity that more investors don't know about these sorts of "shares". There is definitely a place for ETFs but it seems investors are getting very caught in the "low fees" angle, rather than looking at overall performance. Currently I hold only one ETF and that is on the NASDAQ - IGF. It is run by Blackrock (iShares)...and is a "bottom draw" medium/long hold (University fees for child)....

Now on to a subdued Monday morning for me, nothing much happens on the UK exchange until the USA opens...no company updates etc....and Asia wasn't exciting this morning either.

Have a good night,
    BeeBop.