sharetrader
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: BeeBop does UK

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
    Now I am out of NZ and have time on my hands again...leaving business running with a capable project manager in place!

So time for a further update....what is there that I can say! An absolutely wild ride! My star performers remain stars with MNKS up 125%, BGS up 50% on the year. The gains with these and others certainly outweigh my big cap losses (Lloyds and Standard Life Investment Property Trust). Overall the UK folio is up 16% as of this morning which is pretty good going for the sluggish plague island. I have changed my Merchants Investment Trust into another trust (Mercantile which is more FTSE mid-caps) but due to the weakness of the USD/strength of the USD, I am not buying any more GBP so not adding new cash to that folio - I am now buying US shares and funds (looking for lower volatility though).

NZX, of course, has been doing exceedingly well and other than adding some small recovery stocks and an emerging markets ETF, I have left well enough alone there.

SMT holders will have done extremely well - there is a good write up in the recent Investor's Chronicle!
    Thanks for heads up on SMT article. This is my favourite of all my investments and the last I would ever consider selling!

Quote Originally Posted by Swala View Post
    Thanks for heads up on SMT article. This is my favourite of all my investments and the last I would ever consider selling!
    Swala - SMT's baby brother - MNKS - also a Baillie Gifford is my favourite too. It isn't as volatile, with lower returns but not by a lot. I spent ages deciding between the two. Overall, I think that BG are an exceptional financial management group. Recently some of their other ITs have outperformed their peers also.

I am now closing my thread. The UK market has really picked up and my value proposition has paid great gains overall. To close, my best performer has been Monks Investment Trust and my worst, Lloyds. I still hold both!