sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It would be great to see you again mate.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Yeah will pop by with ohe of my friends who lurks the forums hahaha. Quite excited to put a face to some of these names

High noon has arrived

Has Roger been convinced RYM a far better bet than SUM
    Last edited by winner69; 04-03-2017 at 03:06 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Thanks Roger. Good venue over looking the boats.

Thanks everyone for coming. Very pleasant chatting and nice to catch up with some old contacts and put faces to names of others.

Winner, Vaygor1 tried to convince me that RYM was a good hold but I just put it out there mate that you and I called it three years ago it was fully priced at ~ $8.80 and we've been dead right.
    RYM still fully priced. Another year of treading water I reckon. RYM trading on a trailing PE higher than SUM but for the last five years has grown at about one third of the pace.

Our mutual friend down your way who works in the sector reckons customer satisfaction at SUM is very very high.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    High noon has arrived

Has Roger been convinced RYM a far better bet than SUM
    I've decided that RYM stands for Rogers Yearly Moan
    Haha.. just kidding Roger.

And my sincere thanks for organising another ST Auckland Meet. Much appreciated and much enjoyed.

So is the double or quits on ALF's percentage gain in capex+dividend vs SUM over the next six months??

I look forward to my 2 pints in due course. Yum Yum

Vaygor.

You're welcome mate and it was nice to chew the fat on the relative merits of the retirement stocks.
    Tell you what, YES lets go double or nothing on that bet SUM vs ALF for the next 12 months but if I lose that we'll contemporaneously be running an all up double on SUM vs RYM, with me on the SUM horse again, how's that ? If you win all that mate, (four beers), then you'd better organize a taxi home after next year's meeting
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-03-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Thanks Roger for organising the event, it was great to meet everyone and interesting to hear the mix of opinions. Looking forward to seeing you all around!
    Toward his critics, the artist harbours a defensive ace: knowledge that the future will erase the present.