sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Unhappy Shocked

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    ...useless it is hbl...
    nnnnooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Where did all the capitals go ?]
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 13-02-2017 at 04:34 PM. Reason: wondering where all the capitals went
    om mani peme hum

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    nnnnooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Where did all the capitals go ?]
    YESsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.!
    On 23rd february 2016 at $1.16, and then I sinned again two days later, and brought more at $1.13 on the 25th February.
    As I felt bad about buying in a downtrend,and realising what a fool I was,not sleeping at night, I decided I needed redemption, so I sold them,on 9th September at $1,56.
    Told myself,never again buy in a downtrend.!!!...lol.
    Last edited by percy; 13-02-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    No I have not sold any.
    I like 2 or 3 years historic eps growth[the longer the better],but the forward eps growth rate is really what I base my buy,hold or sell decisions on. I put most weighting on one year forward,and less on two year forward ,and think three forward a bit of a guess by most analysts.
    I think it is the Bell Potter research, which shows eps growth of over 15% for both 2018 and 2019 ,which is higher than the forward PE, was one of the reasons for keeping them.Other reasons are, I like the sector they are in.Plenty of growth in this sector.Although they have moved the majority of their business to consummerables, there is still about 20% in equipment.Equipment sales are very lumpy,ie you don't get many orders for 50 or 100 beds.They have also raised their stock levels expecting higher sales.So the full year will show whether they are on track or not.Another reason is, I have had experience in this sector with EBO.Although PGC is not of the same calibre,their multiples are undemanding.The results presentation although avoiding talking about eps,did make sense to me,ie looking for better stock turns,and having the capacity of doing further [small] bolt-on acquisitions, using their strong balance sheet, and cashflow.These offcourse would help eps growth.
    Appreciate your thoughts thanks Percy. Also couldn't agree more re looking at other factors esp balance sheet, management, sector, business model... I'm a bit wary of putting too much store on one analyst who's done capital raisings for the company (PGC) - been bitten before in same situation.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
    ... I'm a bit wary of putting too much store on one analyst who's done capital raisings for the company (PGC) - been bitten before in same situation.
    Very much agree.Something we must keep in mind,and not rely too heavily on,although I do find it helpful.Usually pick up something from it.
    JT.I think there were two times PGC upset shareholders.
    1] Years ago they did a placement and capital raise and SPP,when they had a lot of options in the market place.Devalued the options overnight.I remember holding PGC options and CAJ options.Thought I would convert the PGC's and let the CAJ lapse .Offcourse it worked out the other way.
    2]Last SPP was hugely over subscribed,and shareholders who held under 20,000 shares did not get any.
    Last edited by percy; 14-02-2017 at 07:20 AM.

IMO

Cheers Percy and if /when an opp comes up i will be back in ,in the 60's.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Cheers Percy and if /when an opp comes up i will be back in ,in the 60's.
    Yeah right.!!
    Hope that does not happen.!!!!....
    If it does, you may be buying mine.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...lol.

IMO

All sorts of events happen which make the mkt inefficient is my point. Gee has thread stuck to its agenda?