sharetrader

Default Easy way to manage share portfolio?

Heya, a group of 8 friends and I have a "share club" which we put $30 a month each into. It holds around 20 NZX and ASX listed shares and has a total value of around $30k.

It is hard for anyone to find reasonable time to dedicate to managing it. We want to implement some simple rules that include trailing stop losses, particularly for our higher risk purchases. Does anyone know if there are some good online tools for managing a portfolio with trailing stop losses? I know I can set stop-loss-sell's in ASB securities but its not really easy to calculate it to be say a 15% loss and the trades keep expiring if they are not triggered.

I would ideally like to set 15% trailing stop loss that resets (daily, weekly?) and forget.

Any help greatly appreciated. Maybe I am being to optimistic that there is an easy way to do this

Cheers

Even if you can find a way to do it I would suggest using alerts rather than hard stop losses

I would be happy with that, do you know of something useful?

Membaa

OptionsXpress.com.au does cater for sophisticated trade setups in most instruments including on ASX (not NZX), and portfolio reporting and trailing stops.

OptionXpress closing up shop for NZ customers not accepting any new customers existing NZ customers can only sell their holdings

EVan

Nuts that sounded like a good option...