sharetrader
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Property Stats

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    563

    Default Property Stats

    Just pulling some stats at work here. Might be useful to someone. 22% of property in NZ is on land that's over 1ha in size.

  2. #2
    Veteran novice
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    5,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Just pulling some stats at work here. Might be useful to someone. 22% of property in NZ is on land that's over 1ha in size.
    Presumably that refers to total areas, not number of properties? That's not surprising if it's 22% of all property, urban and rural. A rather different matter if it is 22% of residential property?
    Last edited by macduffy; 03-03-2017 at 02:16 PM.

  3. #3
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hamilton New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,007

    Default

    NZ Residential Real Estate valued at $1.03 Trillion
    Home loans....$239 Billion
    Com/Ind Real Estate valued at $162 Billion
    NZ listed stock market $120 Billion

    Corelogic NZ Monthly Property Market & Economic Update May - June 2017 (48 pages of easy to read statistics mostly charts)
    Last edited by Hoop; 26-06-2017 at 09:31 AM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    NZ Residential Real Estate valued at $1.03 Trillion
    Home loans....$239 Billion
    Com/Ind Real Estate valued at $162 Billion
    NZ listed stock market $120 Billion

    Corelogic NZ Monthly Property Market & Economic Update May - June 2017 (48 pages of easy to read statistics mostly charts)
    It would be interesting to see international comparisons. I am suspecting that the ratio of NZ stock exchange capitalisation/ value of residential real estate is by far the smallest of the English speaking nations...if not in the whole OECD.

  5. #5
    Legend JBmurc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Central Otago
    Posts
    6,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    It would be interesting to see international comparisons. I am suspecting that the ratio of NZ stock exchange capitalisation/ value of residential real estate is by far the smallest of the English speaking nations...if not in the whole OECD.
    I'd say ...sharemarket is a dirty word for most kiwi's ...most I know compare the NZX to the local Casino (which of course is utter rubbish)

    Just deal with the NZ banks around loaned funds into the Sharemarket ...
    Last edited by JBmurc; 26-06-2017 at 08:41 PM.
    Sell the hype, buy the fear. Always second guess the sentiment but trust in the fundamentals

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    I'd say ...sharemarket is a dirty word for most kiwi's ...most I know compare the NZX to the local Casino (which of course is utter rubbish)...
    JB, I'm so sorry to hear that your local casino is utter rubbish. My local is lovely, with a fancy bar and nicely decked out tables and the staff are nicely presented.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •