sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

No it is a AKL HKG return flight. If you go through the ticket purchase process you can select what the charges are included in the price of ticket.

When Singapore were flying WLG to Canberra there were $245 in taxes / add ons on a return ticket
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

No local fly tax.

wonder what the climate emergency tax on auckland wellington will be..

the new economy sleep pod is soon to be rolled out by AIR... bit on seeing this
    Last edited by Waltzing; 28-11-2020 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    When Singapore were flying WLG to Canberra there were $245 in taxes / add ons on a return ticket
    The Au departure tax components can be quite a bit higher than NZ. My BNE flights were always much more expensive on the return sector. Obviously not an issue now though!

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    No local fly tax.

wonder what the climate emergency tax on auckland wellington will be..

the new economy sleep pod is soon to be rolled out by AIR... bit on seeing this
    Realistically, the government could unilaterally change any climate-related policy they want as they have the numbers. A climate emergency declaration appears to be more of a symbolic declaration, probably to warm the general population (pun intended) to whatever measures they have in mind.

That may include a new compulsory charge, but I would have thought that tweaking the existing ETS would give them their desired result.
    Last edited by Zaphod; 28-11-2020 at 05:39 PM.

Fran O’Sullivan moaning about AIRfares ...she just doesn’t get it

@FranOSullivan
    Many of the @FlyAirNZ tickets for flights between Auckland and Wellington now hitting $408 (each way) for seat only. I thought dynamic pricing - aka price gouging - was over. C'mon @FlyAirNZ you can do better.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Obviously the commentators doesn't understand supply and demand OR, as I am increasing inclined to believe, playing the narrative that we're being severely ripped off generates clicks and advertising revenue.

I can see seat-only non-stop flights next week AKL-WLG starting from $250 through $300 depending upon timing, with the following week starting at $80. Clearly if you book ahead, you can save some significant money.

Guru

im tempted! just to support the national carrier even if the government wont.

Guru

"ETS "

is there still one? i forgot or rather its faded from memory... very small
    hippocampus...

Banned

[QUOTE=winner69;859688]Fran O’Sullivan moaning about AIRfares ...she just doesn’t get it

@FranOSullivan
    Many of the @FlyAirNZ tickets for flights between Auckland and Wellington now hitting $408 (each way) for seat only. I thought dynamic pricing - aka price gouging - was over. C'mon @FlyAirNZ you can do better.[/QUOTE

After extorting $400 from me last weekend I will never fly AIR again where I have a choice which funnily enough is every time I fly overseas in future and as an affluent 40 year old is decades of flying.

Won’t bore you with the details but I’ve been a supporter and flyer of AIR for nearly 30 years and that is all gone with one very poor experience. That $400 gouge out of me will lose them tens of thousands of dollars in future bookings. Some might call them dumb.