sharetrader
Page 675 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 17557562566567167267367467567667767867968572577511751675 ... LastLast
Results 6,741 to 6,750 of 20190

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

govt will like a special dividend
    one step ahead of the herd

-aholic

aftermarket sales of 7% of total volume of day @205.9

Quote Originally Posted by smtrader View Post
    aftermarket sales of 7% of total volume of day @205.9
    Yeah I noticed that too and was surprised with the SP holding up in afternoon trading. As per yesterday right on VWAP for the day......

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Yeah I noticed that too and was surprised with the SP holding up in afternoon trading. As per yesterday right on VWAP for the day......
    Actually closed at $2.09, those after close trades went through at the VWAP because they were weighted average agreed trades.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Actually closed at $2.09, those after close trades went through at the VWAP because they were weighted average agreed trades.
    Yes, I understand that but opening price tomorrow will be 2.06 which I guess makes it easier to be a (dare I say it) 2nd green day

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Yes, I understand that but opening price tomorrow will be 2.06 which I guess makes it easier to be a (dare I say it) 2nd green day
    No one knows yet what tomorrows opening quote will be.

But the last sale of today is 209 and the up/down sales will be compared with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    Generally government owned company transparency always is a problem, hopefully bring us a good outcome from the sale of virgin stake before the end of next month.
    Government has nothing to do with AIR apart from being a majority shareholder.

Could someone copy and paste into forum please? Sorry can't open website from China.

Roger did you ask TC around the business case to lending virgin money then to back flip and want to sell its holdings altogether. It happen so fast that I feel shareholders need to understand what was going through then heads at the time. How ever I doubt they will answer that...

Still sitting on the sidelines waiting to re enter...but did have a small buy a while ago but nothing like I was holding before.

Guru

Here you go...

Air New Zealand Ltd.’s stake in Virgin Australia Holdings Ltd. has attracted several potential buyers and talks are under way about a possible deal, said Richard Branson, the billionaire founder of Virgin Group Ltd.
    It’s not yet clear whether Virgin Group itself, which owns about 10 percent of Virgin Australia, will increase its stake in Australia’s second-largest airline, Branson said in an interview with Bloomberg Television from Sydney on Thursday.
    “There are discussions going on with them and a number of different parties and we will watch with interest what happens,” Branson said. “Whether or not we will end up buying it, we will have to see. I am a great believer in Virgin Australia.”
    Virgin Australia shares were unchanged at 27.5 Australian cents at 12:51 p.m. in Sydney, valuing the Brisbane-based company at A$970 million ($699 million).
    Air New Zealand, the biggest investor in Virgin Australia, in March said it may sell its 26 percent stake as Virgin Australia carries out a capital review. Morgan Stanley estimated last month that the Australian airline needs a further A$700 million of funds.
    Add a Lot
    Other than Virgin Group, Virgin Australia is almost equally owned by Air New Zealand, Etihad Airways PJSC and Singapore Airlines Ltd. The potential exit by Air New Zealand has stoked speculation that Singapore Air will snap up the stake to stop an unwelcome foreign airline muscling in, or buy the stake jointly with Etihad.
    “There have been approaches from airlines that are considerable and I think that add a lot to Virgin Australia,” Branson said. “Those discussions are going on. So I cannot, I am afraid, go into details.”
    In North America, Branson has been selling rather than buying. Seattle-based Alaska Air Group Inc. last month agreed to buy California-based Virgin America Inc. for $2.6 billion.
    Branson said he was opposed to the deal but didn’t have enough voting shares to block it. Just back from Seattle, Branson said he is keen to see the Virgin America brand survive.
    Virgin Ethos
    “If they decide not to keep the brand, we’ll start again in America and we have some plans if it doesn’t happen,” he said. “I think Alaska, when they do their research, will realize that what they bought was the Virgin America ethos and to destroy that would destroy the value of what they spent in buying it.”
    Branson’s space company, Virgin Galactic, is seeking to shake up the $6 billion commercial launch business. The company said at the end of last year that it plans to send small rockets in-flight from a Boeing 747-400 aircraft. Virgin’s SpaceShipTwo venture was grounded after a training accident killed a pilot in 2014.
    Branson said he’s still hoping to take customers to the edge of space this decade.
    “Otherwise, I would have miscalculated very badly indeed,” he said. Once missions have been approved, Branson said he’ll go up himself first.
    “The new spaceship has been born and it’s starting its test programs at the moment and over the next few months our brave test pilots will be putting it through its paces, taking it into space,” he said.
    Branson, who lives in the British Virgin Islands, said he’d be “devastated” if Britain pulled out of the European Union. Britons vote on whether to remain in the 28-nation bloc in a June 23 referendum.
    “I just hope that sense prevails and when push comes to shove, people will realize it would be enormously damaging both to Europe and to Great Britain if Britain was to walk away,” he said.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Yes, recent experience reminds us that AIR is a great trading stock, but.............

Reminds me of the old market story:

Three investors are engaged in a discussion on the status of financial markets in a famous steak house in the Big City.
    At one point a knife falls off the table and plants itself in the foot of one of the men (of course, they're all men).

Clearly hurting, the guy asks his neighbour: why didn't you try to catch it?
    The second investor responds: I am a technical trader. We avoid catching falling knifes. Why didn't you move your foot?
    The first investor responds: I am a fundamentalist. I didn't think it would drop so low.
    He looks at the third investor who responds: I am a contrarian. I had my hands knee-high in anticipation of the bounce, but it didn't.
    "Buy on the way up, sell on the way down".

Simple rule followed by hardened market players.

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    Trouble is, Yosser. Branson talks a lot but he doesn't say much.
    True, but when Mr B is talking he means buisness.