sharetrader
Page 1993 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 99314931893194319831989199019911992199319941995199619972003 ... LastLast
Results 19,921 to 19,930 of 20180

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Having 7 classes is just an overkill imo. It's like my BMW having so many ways to personalise the ride and drive, with barely any noticeable differences. All the extra complications will likely result in customer complaints and costly maintenance, as we all know that electric seats are never as reliable as mechanical lever controls. The sleeping pod idea was a good effort to make lie flat affordable to the passengers in the back, but absolutely not the best use of scarce capitals and limited spaces on a plane. I've a far simpler solution that involves zero additional investment and takes up no additional spaces, but will obviously not give it away for free lol. On top of likely problem getting people out of the pod crew might even have to manage complains about bad odours from previous occupant. I'm guessing the crew will replace the bedding each time but this could just end up distracting them from their main job, which is to feed and water the passengers LOL.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    I had to laugh. The big Idea is bunk beds ?? What a dud.

Are they hanging them out off each wing to get the max number in or building an additional
    deck above able to house everyone horizontally ?

Did someone from the Beehive get involved in the planning processes at huge cost ?

Google says that Air is down 92 per cent since 7 January 2000. I wonder if dividends over this period have offset the capital loss? (Joke).

Is it possible to own airlines for the long haul (pun?) and make money?
    Last edited by Bobdn; 02-07-2022 at 04:57 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Google says that Air is down 92 per cent since 7 January 2000. I wonder if dividends over this period have offset the capital loss? (Joke).

Is it possible to own airlines for the long haul (pun?) and make money?

Only if you are a shareholder by the name of G-O-V-T with unlimited levels of OPM available
    to pick up the pieces and refloat off to the unfortunate retail investors in better times

With the taxpayer tipping in so much money you'd think the Prime Minister might lower herself slightly and fly with the great unwashed on scheduled ANZ flights rather than travelling in a largely empty 757, like recent trips to Au and Queenstown I witnessed.
    And let us not forget the carbon footprint left behind despite her self-confessed 'generational nuclear free moment' idealogical burp.
    Last edited by SPC; 02-07-2022 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtrade View Post
    1. Who on this thread feels SP will drop back down to 0.53 again?
    2. Who feels that dip to 0.53 was the low and will slowly recover from now?
    3. Who feels a second bounce off 0.53 will then establish a bottom end trough to then rally a slow recovery rally off?
    4. Who feels the low hasn't yet been touched upon?
    I think we’ve seen the lows. Happy to have bought more at 54c. Don’t think we’ll see that price again. However, now holding quite a few so I’m biased.
    Last edited by biker; 04-07-2022 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    I think we’ve seen the lows. Happy to have bought more at 54c. Don’t think we’ll see that price again. However, now holding quite a few so I’m biased.
    Huge flight disruptions in the US as well as in Europe thanks to a combination of rapidly increased demand and big staff shortages caused by Covid redundancies plus now Omicron blowing through the skeleton staff still around.

Just wondering whether this mess (thousands of daily flights cancelled) will be good or bad for the carriers ... and whether this might impact Air New Zealand as well?

I suppose the period of uncertainty might still hang around for a while - and uncertainty is rarely good news for investments.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Looking that way currently from this relief rally. However more likely will see a double bounce. Next bit of poor global news will resend to test if 0.53 can hold again

CNBC devoted a fairly prominent article to the lie down pods today.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/03/air-...s-by-2024.html

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtrade View Post
    Looking that way currently from this relief rally. However more likely will see a double bounce. Next bit of poor global news will resend to test if 0.53 can hold again
    To put it in perspective and remind us all AIR NZ has Billions of dollars of debt, ever increase operating costs, elevated ticket prices which will affect continued travel, a global fuel crisis to contend with, yet punters still somehow hold onto this presumption that the company is a good investment and will somehow magically be profitable in the near future. The SP should, and likely will after a relief rally retracement, meander around the CR 0.53 at best. At least until the books can see some light at the end of what is still currently a very long dark tunnel. Opening of boarders is not the magic cure at this point. Be cautious and prepared for a relief rally to fail and 0.53 to be retested. Buying in on FOMO seeing a small run up catches those snoozing when profits are taken off the table by larger volume traders sending it spiralling back down again. Then repeat the process and they double their gains on the second run up again.See it often. Still huge issues the Airline faces. But hey jump on board and take a nap in the new sleep pods, to distract us from the real problems AIR is facing. Surprised those that are willing to throw their money in already on this minor relief rally currently. Optimism in a negative market, with rocketing interest, inflation and cost of living. Yet somehow people will simply be able too afford air tickets at double the cost. Doesn't make much sense does it.