sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Might also slow down the ridiculous ALPA demands for a 6 percent payrise for.the pilots, "hey it is in our contract". Maybe the pilots should get their medicals redone because it appears they are both blind and tone deaf. As I have said it is the country's most expensive social welfare scheme and about to get more so.

The addition of the unionist to the board well what can be said.

I also won't say what was said about a suggestion to waive the rise to allow some of the let go pilots back on.

BTW to the poster who said last time that I was probably jealous because I had a long harbored unfilfilled ambition to be an airline pilot, that was a strange and untrue comment.

when are we going to see some decent inflight offerings? flew the AKL-WLG sector recently and not impressed with what's on offer after 6pm

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    Might also slow down the ridiculous ALPA demands for a 6 percent payrise for.the pilots, "hey it is in our contract". Maybe the pilots should get their medicals redone because it appears they are both blind and tone deaf. As I have said it is the country's most expensive social welfare scheme and about to get more so.

The addition of the unionist to the board well what can be said.

I also won't say what was said about a suggestion to waive the rise to allow some of the let go pilots back on.

BTW to the poster who said last time that I was probably jealous because I had a long harbored unfilfilled ambition to be an airline pilot, that was a strange and untrue comment.
    LOL, well said.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Update on Tasman impact to earnings and liquidity - NZX, New Zealand’s Exchange

Futher drawdowns on Govt loan coming.

Still no cap raise developments......??

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Update on Tasman impact to earnings and liquidity - NZX, New Zealand’s Exchange

Futher drawdowns on Govt loan coming.

Still no cap raise developments......??
    Oh dear, this is a down grade , isn't it? Though - given that the losses increase one could call it as well an upgrade

I recon somebody is playing chicken - and it will be the retail shareholders who will be asked to foot the bill. Dilution will be terrible.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

$530M loss signaled.

Potential New investors stay grounded.

Existing investors must keep seatbelts on, much turbulence ahead!

If vacating seat, do not block the emergency Exits!
    Last edited by Getty; 04-08-2021 at 09:13 AM.

Cashflow positive they say

That’s good
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

That’s good
    As they say, Always look on the bright side of life, eh Winner.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Oh dear, this is a down grade , isn't it? Though - given that the losses increase one could call it as well an upgrade

I recon somebody is playing chicken - and it will be the retail shareholders who will be asked to foot the bill. Dilution will be terrible.
    Not like retail shareholders can't say they were warned. Hopefully for any holders it doesn't turn into 1987 for them, and turn them off for life.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

That’s good
    True - and hey, lets not worry about the repayment of the deferred PAYE payments, shall we? I guess 2022 is still a long way away - lots of good things can happen until then :

Oops - didn't government just let slip that vaccinations will now go into Q1 2022? No problem - people will buy the tickets even if they are still handcuffed to mother New Zealand, won't they?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)