sharetrader
Page 1992 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 99214921892194219821988198919901991199219931994199519962002 ... LastLast
Results 19,911 to 19,920 of 20182

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by samjaynz View Post
    Similar story here. Pre-Covid I used to travel a lot for business - in the 2019/2020 year I spent around $30k with Air NZ. Down to about $3k in the past year, for domestic routes only.

I've been able to keep the majority of my international business without needing to travel (in fact it's easier as now Zoom/Skype is so acceptable, there's no stressing about whether you'll actually get there) and it is so much less hassle. I don't miss in the slightest getting up at 3am to get to the airport for a 6am Sydney flight every couple of weeks.

With borders reopened and testing requirement going away, I will look to do a bit of work travel but nowhere near the same volume (probably once per year per customer, as opposed to every month or so pre Covid). I don't think I would ever want or need to go back to the same degree of travel ... I have so much more spare time and have saved a fortune.

I am eager to do some leisure travel, but that is more price sensitive for me. I will pick Air NZ if the price is reasonable as I like their service, but it does look like Qantas, Jetstar, Emirates etc are providing much better value. I might miss out on the Koru lounge, but that is packed to the rafters and very mediocre these days anyway (and with the savings I can go and get a nice meal in the airport or nearby).

As you say, govt departments will keep Air NZ's business travel afloat. I'm thinking of a relative of mine, who's on their fifth business class trip to Europe (on the public's dime) this year so far, for some "climate change policy" work. Lucky for some, I guess - although I presume that govt departments get a favourable price for travel so maybe it's not so expensive?
    The comment about govt travel very interesting and the reason even more so. I have just attending 3 conferences in the US(on my own account). It has prob cost $50t. Not one other kiwi there. The theme? Actual real live energy transition to 2050, electric aircraft development, and EV related innovation. Yesterday I listened to 4 PhDs or students towards employed by NASA amongst other seminars. Earlier in the week I heard transition thoughts. I spoke to a guy that is GMs internal product owner of AI who I had lunch with. Get the picture? Anyway what blows me away is I was the only Kiwi at any of this. Where was anyone from Govt? Where was Air NZ? I am not going to share my thoughts on what I found but some of you guys know what I have been doing. I am going to use this to direct my investment and that of my current and future partners. I have always got value out of these conferences going back to when I was a fund manager(only one from NZ again) back pre GFC. Good luck everyone. PS don't believe what you read about the above stuff in the media. They have absolutely no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    ok https://milfordasset.com/insights/ai...-for-taxpayers

.35 would be interesting any takers for .25
    Any reason why it dropped to .54 almost right issue price. What do you think about their high level of debt, and volatility in share prices? When can they achieve profitability? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 25-06-2022 at 06:19 PM.

Let's hope on Christoper Luxon's watch NZ will do better.

Most probably, turnaround in airline industries can be expected only in 2024.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...age-and-queues

1. Who on this thread feels SP will drop back down to 0.53 again?
    2. Who feels that dip to 0.53 was the low and will slowly recover from now?
    3. Who feels a second bounce off 0.53 will then establish a bottom end trough to then rally a slow recovery rally off?
    4. Who feels the low hasn't yet been touched upon?

Maxtrade, I'm not a fan of AIR from an investment point of view and so I'd say 4. The low hasn't been touched on yet. The only problem is that I may be confusing inevitability with imminence. With their high cost structure and increasing fuel costs I can't see demand translating into increased profitability anytime soon. They may well need more capital before Dec 2023. But who knows, short term Biden might say that the US love the Iranians now and there's nothing better than Iranian crude to solve oil demand! It is apparent that AIR have a loyal fan base which may help the share price glide lower over time instead of more rapid declines.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtrade View Post
    1. Who on this thread feels SP will drop back down to 0.53 again?
    2. Who feels that dip to 0.53 was the low and will slowly recover from now?
    3. Who feels a second bounce off 0.53 will then establish a bottom end trough to then rally a slow recovery rally off?
    4. Who feels the low hasn't yet been touched upon?
    Very difficult to answer. Probably, I may have answers in 2023.

Guru

hard deck bounce....

CAP EX on the big revamp... those cabins look good but will they go all the way to CPH (Copenhaven) or just LAX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdHBsWXaHN8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46rnghQxjxk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMbbg0k4Xeo
    Last edited by Waltzing; 29-06-2022 at 05:43 AM.

I had to laugh. The big Idea is bunk beds ?? What a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    I had to laugh. The big Idea is bunk beds ?? What a dud.
    You mean you don't fancy waiting your turn for some sweaty sleep pod?

Also how long until the first customer refuses to get out of the pod at the end of their allocated slot and causes some kind of mid air bust-up?

Some of the cabin upgrades look nice; I'd be interested to try this extra space economy lark as I really don't mind slumming it in hoi polloi class to save my $$$ but do miss being able to stretch my legs.

However, short of the sleep pod there doesn't appear to be much here that other airlines haven't already done yonks ago?