sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

You tube " Eva b77w LAX"

ATC tape of recent departure LAX where EVA nearly buried one of their aircraft in the hills to the north

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Still no sign of those op stats for Dec 16...
    I have it on very good authority that bean counters love taking a long Christmas holiday break at least as much as anyone else I'm sure it'll be out in due course mate and there's nothing to worry about.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I have it on very good authority that bean counters love taking a long Christmas holiday break at least as much as anyone else I'm sure it'll be out in due course mate and there's nothing to worry about.
    Either that or David Mackrell was pivotal in the whole process and Rob cant cope without him

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Still no sign of those op stats for Dec 16...
    Last year the Dec update wasn't announced until the 28th

December monthly update is in.

Looks to be in line with forecast, yield per passenger better. On flights with good synergies, high frequency and lower costs, lower RASk's are OK.

Can someone please take the time to educate me on what RASK, ASK, and RPK is and what we are looking for in these to assess performance. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by simjp81 View Post
    Can someone please take the time to educate me on what RASK, ASK, and RPK is and what we are looking for in these to assess performance. Thanks in advance.
    The announcement effectively defines them......
    but SK = seat kilometres.
    A = Available
    R = Revenue

Quote Originally Posted by simjp81 View Post
    RPK is revenue per passenger kilometre, but aircraft may be only half full that is why they also report load factors.
    RASK revenue available seat kilometre, ie capacity. On routes that have lower costs usually associated with higher frequencies lower RASKs are acceptable.

Thanks peat. So a higher RASK means more profitable and a reduction in RASK means they have been less profitable from the previous update or time period. Is that correct?