sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That The Herald story gave the impression that revenues were down heaps - short haul 6.3% and long haul 14.3%. Using words like slumped implies disaster stuff.

Better get Paper Tiger to point out that things are not that bad eh = RASK is not revenues

How much revenues down PT - need an update we do
    They know how to spin things to paint a negative picture, and the nervous and gullible believe their every word, hence the price drop today (Some of the herald staff probably keen to pick up some cheap shares before the divvy aye)

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    They know how to spin things to paint a negative picture, and the nervous and gullible believe their every word, hence the price drop today (Some of the herald staff probably keen to pick up some cheap shares before the divvy aye)
    NBR has an article painting the same disingenuous picture.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    NBR has an article painting the same disingenuous picture.
    Doesn't worry me, might even top up by selling my SPK holding and go for another XOS divvy.

percy

It is on days such as today, one's mind turns to "Snow Patrol's" great hit "Run."..........lol.
    Last edited by percy; 26-01-2017 at 04:21 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    It is on days such as today, one's mind turns to "Snow Patrol's" great hit "Run."..........lol.
    Reminds me of that favourite kids song, The Wheels of the bus go round and round, we've been here before and will be again in the future, the Aircoaster isn't for the faint hearted or the fickle but is a rewarding and exciting ride for those in for the Long Haul.

Advanced Member

Nothing disingenuous about the article it was pulled straight from the nzx release. Those here claim competition was built into the share price could very well be mistaken when the company outlook is released in February. If load factors continue to fall and they fly further for less I suspect the financial pain has only just started for air NZ.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Arrow Easy enough to do the maths

That The Herald story gave the impression that revenues were down heaps - short haul 6.3% and long haul 14.3%. Using words like slumped implies disaster stuff.

Better get Paper Tiger to point out that things are not that bad eh = RASK is not revenues

How much revenues down PT - need an update we do

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Reminds me of that favourite kids song, The Wheels of the bus go round and round, we've been here before and will be again in the future, the Aircoaster isn't for the faint hearted or the fickle but is a rewarding and exciting ride for those in for the Long Haul.
    Didn't the wheels on the bus fall off -----or was that just a version my kids used to sing
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Didn't the wheels on the bus fall off -----or was that just a version my kids used to sing
    Nah, just the kids version mate, although nowdays there's many different versions of the same song, probably a good song for most sharemarket participants to sing from time to time I reckon, to keep the mind on an even keel.

It's all guru analyst at Craigs fault - lowering their target and taking a pessimistic view on this years earnings

Seemsworried about the $10/barrel increase in fuel costs

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/0...s-analystshtml
    Last edited by winner69; 26-01-2017 at 05:41 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”