sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

IMO

Brownlee would prob place a cheek each on two seats and only notice at the end of the flight that he's got two tourists stuck to his bum ,after intensely watching repeats of Orwells 1984.

Mr Dore still grumpy over these ATRs on WGN and CHCH route ...andI don't blame him

But shareholders come first - stuff customers in pursuit of ever greater profits.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/travel...n-trunk-routes
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Brownlee would prob place a cheek each on two seats and only notice at the end of the flight that he's got two tourists stuck to his bum ,after intensely watching repeats of Orwells 1984.
    Put him in the hold with a sack of cream buns,and you wouldn't hear a dickie bird from him.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Mr Dore still grumpy over these ATRs on WGN and CHCH route ...andI don't blame him

But shareholders come first - stuff customers in pursuit of ever greater profits.

Yes it an interesting one...Get the jet or I don't go and send a manager instead:-) Don't visit Wellington as a consequence much now:-)

Veteran novice

Yes, it seems the current generation of travellers has gone soft. Obviously they weren't around to fly in NAC's DC3's or the state of the art, at the time, Vickers Viscounts!

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Yes, it seems the current generation of travellers has gone soft. Obviously they weren't around to fly in NAC's DC3's or the state of the art, at the time, Vickers Viscounts!

The difference is a degrade in service not the same as what was available decades ago..nearly every element of the experience has been degraded..people moan about no proper Koru lounge in regional section at CHCH..to a mile and half walk out on the tarmac..most likely longest walk in NZ to an airplane through to flight noise, seats comfort.. time of flight..risk of flight re weather in winter..etc... not able to take a coffee out of the cafe crap lounge they now have..all have been a common complaint etc... works ok when you have exess demand however that can always change in time plus EI management tells you these people will consider all options in other purchases and customer loyalty goes out the window...

Banned

Mr Dore needs to get a life as well as doing a bit more study of aircraft types and where each type should be used to its best advantage. Stuff have nothing worthy to publish when they continue to rehash old stories over and over(I notice a lot of their articles stay up for a week at times which backs up this viewpoint)

Mr Dore as a holder of a private pilot's license should have a rudimentary understanding of the fact that different aircraft types are better suited to different roles.
    The ATR600 is extremely well suited to short hops of a distance from Chch to Wellington, (I haven't checked the charts) but I would have thought this is a similar distance that AIR flies them on their routes AKL to Napier and AKL to New Plymouth among many others..

If I remember correctly the flight time is only about 10 minutes difference compared to an A320 but the use of ATR600's means AIR can operate with far higher and more convenient frequency.
    I guess he better not catch an AIR ATR flight from AKL to Nelson which at a scheduled flight time of 1 hr 25 minutes would have him bleating like a seal pup lost from its mother. Suppose he expects an A320 on that route too. If he doesn't like it I suggest he flies on Jetheaps relics or brushes up on his cross country skills and flies his own plane.

Let me guess...because he has a few skills with his private pilot's license he thinks he knows best how to run AIR N.Z.
    Raz - that walk would do you a lot of good. If you feel really morally offended by the walk you could ask for wheelchair assistance
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-02-2017 at 10:32 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Mr Dore as a holder of a private pilot's license should have a rudimentary understanding of the fact that different aircraft types are better suited to different roles.
    The ATR600 is extremely well suited to short hops of a distance from Chch to Wellington, (I haven't checked the charts) but I would have thought this is a similar distance that AIR flies them on their routes AKL to Napier and AKL to New Plymouth among many others..

If I remember correctly the flight time is only about 10 minutes difference compared to an A320 but the use of ATR600's means AIR can operate with far higher and more convenient frequency.
    I guess he better not catch an AIR ATR flight from AKL to Nelson which at a scheduled flight time of 1 hr 25 minutes would have him bleating like a seal pup lost from its mother. Suppose he expects an A320 on that route too. If he doesn't like it I suggest he flies on Jetheaps relics or brushes up on his cross country skills and flies his own plane.

Let me guess...because he has a few skills with his PPL he thinks he knows best how to run AIR N.Z.
    Spoken like a true accountant and loyal AIR shareholder.

Raz seems to agree with Mr Dore and he seems a pretty reasonable guy

Flight time might only be 10 minutes more but actual travel time is more like 1/2 hour.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Food for thought.
    Flight distances
    Wellington to Christchurch 190 miles, (short enough that the difference in flight time ATR v A320 isn't especially material for most people)
    Auckland to Wellington 306 miles (long enough that most people would notice the significant extra time an ATR600 would take) Nelson flights on an ATR have a scheduled time of 1 hr 25 for 316 miles so Wellington would be at least 1 hr 20 seeing its only 10 miles shorter v the 1.00 hr on an A320. (20 minutes is a noticeable increase in flight time for a domestic flight in my opinion).
    Auckland to Napier 217 miles (longer than what Dore is complaining about but obviously Napier is a small regional city and couldn't sustain A320 services economically.
    Auckland to Nelson 316 miles (fairly long flight for an ATR in N.Z. although the plane type is capable of well over double that distance), obviously this length flight 1 hr 25 would have Dore in a real frenzy.
    Wellington to Invercargill 477 miles and AIR's longest flight within N.Z. in terms of scheduled time at 2 hours 10 min on a Q300. You don't suppose Invercargill residents might think they're entitled to first dibs on any expanded A320 service ? I guess the serial complainer better not shift to Invercargill or the Chatam Islands !

Further, if I remember correctly AIR are in the process of retrofitting their ATR's with highly advanced new navigational systems at a cost of twenty something million that will significantly improve their operational capabilities in adverse flying conditions, so bleating about their operational reliability should diminish soon too.

How so Winner, you don't have to go through security so that's some time saved there. Raz flies business and occasionally first class on Emirates...too used to the high life
    There's nothing quite like the smell of aviation fuel filling your lungs as you walk out on the open tarmac, the rush of cold air blowing down the runway... really gives you a sense of how they used to do it in the days of old...some people need to harden up a bit
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-02-2017 at 11:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine