sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business-t...ectid=11806210

Nothing new here, just posting how the herald reported it.

Fact is analysts got this half very wrong especially Mr Bowley of Forsyth Barr who will have a very busy weekend cleaning all the egg off his face.
    Closest to the mark was our very own friend Winner69 with his $300m+ prediction. The hounds $245m prediction was before tax and was over $100m light, proof the he doesn't always get over exuberant with one of his favorite stocks.

I am not surprised to see the SP rally on the back of this result. Fact is AIR are highly profitable in this new highly competitive market and are likely to remain that way.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

"he doesn't always get over exuberant with one of his favorite stocks."

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business-t...ectid=11806210

Nothing new here, just posting how the herald reported it.

Fact is analysts got this half very wrong especially Mr Bowley of Forsyth Barr who will have a very busy weekend cleaning all the egg off his face.
    Closest to the mark was our very own friend Winner69 with his $300m+ prediction. The hounds $245m prediction was before tax and was over $100m light, proof the he doesn't always get over exuberant with one of his favorite stocks.

I am not surprised to see the SP rally on the back of this result. Fact is AIR are highly profitable in this new highly competitive market and are likely to remain that way.
    Bowley's prediction did give me some anxiety when it came out, I have to admit. However, I'm spread far and wide these days so failure in any one stock is not going to have me reaching for the oven fries; french vanilla ice cream and Whittaker's Braeburn Apple and Vanilla chocolate before my cheat day.

Really interesting that Buffett likes some airlines now, as was signaled earlier in this thread. Here's an update, just in case you missed it:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-stanley-says

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Bowley's prediction did give me some anxiety when it came out, I have to admit. However, I'm spread far and wide these days so failure in any one stock is not going to have me reaching for the oven fries; french vanilla ice cream and Whittaker's Braeburn Apple and Vanilla chocolate before my cheat day.

Really interesting that Buffett likes some airlines now, as was signaled earlier in this thread. Here's an update, just in case you missed it:

Bowley's prediction didn't make me anxious, just very annoyed that such inaccurate rubbish could be published the night before the result, and to make matters worse the article was left up for most of the morning on the Heralds page in conjunction with the actual accurate result article. Buffett investing in airlines is great news, shame he's not investing in our great little profitable, big divvy paying company.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Bowley's prediction didn't make me anxious, just very annoyed that such inaccurate rubbish could be published the night before the result, and to make matters worse the article was left up for most of the morning on the Heralds page in conjunction with the actual accurate result article. Buffett investing in airlines is great news, shame he's not investing in our great little profitable, big divvy paying company.
    Agree, what a stupid moment to post a down ramp forecast, unless he's short AIR and wants some downside? It seems to be pre-considered but shot in the foot by the announce and SP action. Forget Buffet, he's irrelevant to AIR, it's background noise and irrelevant, imo.

Speaking of which AIR has an interesting chart now bolting up to the down trend resistance line from the $3+ highs (log scale otherwise PT would tell me off). Heaps of technical resistance at and above this point, rejoice when (or if) it goes up further, otherwise keep an eye on it if you're concerned at all about invested capital.

JMO, GLTAH.
    BAA

Attachment 8710

Putting numbers to the words / info in AIRs future outlook if they only achieve $475m to $525m npbt than they haven't told us the full story - left something out

If there is no mystery thing left out bare minimum has to be $550m plus Virgin gain of $22m. If Chris suddenly realised this is the case probably no need to disclose as still within 10% /15% of guidance (range generally seen as need to disclose).

The earnings 'upgrade' will come at a time when it best suits AIR

That's how I see it anyway
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post

Thanks, off topic but I really love your cheat day therapy methodology

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Putting numbers to the words / info in AIRs future outlook if they only achieve $475m to $525m npbt than they haven't told us the full story - left something out

If there is no mystery thing left out bare minimum has to be $550m plus Virgin gain of $22m. If Chris suddenly realised this is the case probably no need to disclose as still within 10% /15% of guidance (range generally seen as need to disclose).

The earnings 'upgrade' will come at a time when it best suits AIR

That's how I see it anyway
    I couldn't agree more. For reasons best known to management I think they are playing it very conservatively indeed with their updated FY17 full year guidance.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

just back from overseas, travelled jet star for the first time we had delays on departing, delays on coming home no immigration paperwork on plane was available.
    Air NZ wins hands down in my opinion.
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    \

obviously trying to get that load factor up.

the comments in that article are extreme.