sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

The one with the food trolley will be calling out

" Allah Snack Bar "..

Banned

Analysts mean target raised from $2.09 to $2.17, with a high target of $2.29. Very big of them but still too low IMO, I know one of them will still be removing the egg from his face from last week.

Well IMO, the chart at the moment looks quite healthy. There is a reverse head and shoulders emerging, so if you look at the big drop that we had last year which was the result of a head and shoulders, then we might get the reverse this year, i.e. big rally. $2.50 looks achievable right now within the next few months... then from there, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by nasi goreng View Post
    well imo, the chart at the moment looks quite healthy. There is a reverse head and shoulders emerging, so if you look at the big drop that we had last year which was the result of a head and shoulders, then we might get the reverse this year, i.e. Big rally. $2.50 looks achievable right now within the next few months... then from there, who knows.
    $3.00 maybe
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

$2.30 hit, which is a nice price for me personally - my average cost is currently $2.295 so this is the first time in a while that I have been in the green (just) on this particular stock.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    $2.30 hit, which is a nice price for me personally - my average cost is currently $2.295 so this is the first time in a while that I have been in the green (just) on this particular stock.
    Congrats for keeping the faith, I'm up as much as the divvy almost so very happy. Will be interesting to see post divvy behaviour this time on a rising trend line.

I'm in a similar situation to you Coutts, although I didn't average down. The challenge is now we get to this area, keeping the faith a bit longer. I think the emerging trend supports holding longer. Its way different share price action now than it was last year.

I did average down - I know opinion is divided on whether this is a good strategy or not, but if I hadn't I would be waiting for the share price to get up to around $2.80.

I'm cautiously optimistic and keeping the faith at the moment ... SP is heading in the right direction following the results announcement ... but let's bring on the divvy and then see where the roller-coaster heads ... hopefully we don't see a repeat of last September.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    I did average down - I know opinion is divided on whether this is a good strategy or not, but if I hadn't I would be waiting for the share price to get up to around $2.80.

I'm cautiously optimistic and keeping the faith at the moment ... SP is heading in the right direction following the results announcement ... but let's bring on the divvy and then see where the roller-coaster heads ... hopefully we don't see a repeat of last September.
    Same re the $2.80, if I showed you my averaging down(Or catching a falling knife as some like to put it) history on this stock over the last year, you would probably have nightmares. Been a very profitable stock to own nethertheless.

Interesting SP action since the result. Interestingly management believe competition has peaked, (high tide) and appear confident regarding yields for the future.
    Going off the mid point of the forecast range $500m, less the one off for sale of Virgin = $478m, less full tax of 28% gives $344m after tax $344m / 1123m shares = EPS of 30.6 cps.

Previous analysis has sown a couple of things. PE's are usually higher than average at the height of the competitive storm, (trough earnings).
    The ten year average PE for AIR is about 11. 11 is lower than most other airlines in the region at present.

11 x 30.6 cps = $3.36. Not suggesting it will hit that point anytime soon but the potential for a rerating is definitely there and in the meantime while we wait patiently we're being rewarded extremely handsomely with very high fully imputed dividend income. Great stock to hold for the foreseeable future especially with capex falling off the edge of a cliff in a couple of years time.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-02-2017 at 04:25 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine