sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Same re the $2.80, if I showed you my averaging down(Or catching a falling knife as some like to put it) history on this stock over the last year, you would probably have nightmares. Been a very profitable stock to own nethertheless.
    I literally LOLd at this. Fortune favors the brave eh. It's nice when it works out, well done.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Interesting SP action since the result. Interestingly management believe competition has peaked, (high tide) and appear confident regarding yields for the future.
    Going off the mid point of the forecast range $500m, less the one off for sale of Virgin = $478m, less full tax of 28% gives $344m after tax $344m / 1123m shares = EPS of 30.6 cps.

Previous analysis has sown a couple of things. PE's are usually higher than average at the height of the competitive storm, (trough earnings).
    The ten year average PE for AIR is about 11. 11 is lower than most other airlines in the region at present.

11 x 30.6 cps = $3.36. Not suggesting it will hit that point anytime soon but the potential for a rerating is definitely there and in the meantime while we wait patiently we're being rewarded extremely handsomely with very high fully imputed dividend income. Great stock to hold for the foreseeable future especially with capex falling off the edge of a cliff in a couple of years time.
    Gotta bit of spare dosh in the cm account and was thinking of getting some SKC for the ex div next Thursday, but decided to top up with more AIR tomorrow. Not too worried about sp dropping after ex div, if it does drop. As long as we can lock in that div, the sp can go where ever it wants to. What time is the st meeting next Saturday please?
    Last edited by see weed; 27-02-2017 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Gotta bit of spare dosh in the cm account and was thinking of getting some SKC for the ex div next Thursday, but decided to top up with more AIR tomorrow. Not too worried about sp dropping after ex div, if it does drop. As long as we can lock in that div, the sp can go where ever it wants to. What time is the st meeting next Saturday please?
    Midday this Saturday mate. I'm looking forward to seeing you and some other very amiable and articulate folks too.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-02-2017 at 08:36 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Solid uptrend with good support, haven't seen that in a while. Could easily push to at least 250 in the short term, don't expect the price to stay lower post div too. Just all in my opinion, DYOR.

Just sold half my holdings - want to free up some cash for a possible purchase, still have faith and keeping the other half long term. Nice to lock in a profit (including divvy) after having some frustrating days as a holder

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Solid uptrend with good support, haven't seen that in a while. Could easily push to at least 250 in the short term, don't expect the price to stay lower post div too. Just all in my opinion, DYOR.

...surely $3 in short/medium term
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Just sold half my holdings - want to free up some cash for a possible purchase, still have faith and keeping the other half long term. Nice to lock in a profit (including divvy) after having some frustrating days as a holder
    I noticed this little 'u' on the quotes - it must have been you.
    Greek Capture.jpg

(it means 'undisclosed volume' )

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ...surely $3 in short/medium term
    Now now winner, let's not do a ST forum curse by revoking that (in)famous $3 call...

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I noticed this little 'u' on the quotes - it must have been you.
    Greek Capture.jpg

(it means 'undisclosed volume' )
    Not quite, I did see those earlier in the day and volume went up accordingly so some big buyers out there too, think it will continue to climb breaking resistance but keen to spend some $ and don't want to break a cash term deposit we have.

Advanced Member

WOW... Big lot of buyers coming through at end of day.