sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Whaat? .
    If I come to the idea that it's april as well...then no way I should sell haha

Missing all my spaces haha

I am not sure. I need to sit down and think and do some technical analysis. I can see already over 600k sitting in the sell column this morning. Profit taking might be too great to see us go to $3 by April. If it is even going near 2.8 by april/june. I would stay in

While not disagreeing with those who speak of the mythical $3, I think the rise will be slower than anticipated by some. I anticipate a lot of sellers looking to recoup recent losses as the price rises could make for a bumpy and prolonged ascent to cruising altitude.

Disc - Holding happily having purchased at $2.17 on Aug-16 dividend announcement day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossimarnz View Post
    While not disagreeing with those who speak of the mythical $3, I think the rise will be slower than anticipated by some. I anticipate a lot of sellers looking to recoup recent losses as the price rises could make for a bumpy and prolonged ascent to cruising altitude.

Disc - Holding happily having purchased at $2.17 on Aug-16 dividend announcement day.
    The mythical $3 is actually $3.24 (even though it was $16 at the turn of the century) and when it gets over that it will be a new high (OK 15 year high) .....just like AIR with its record or near record profits

Sooner than later I reckon
    Last edited by winner69; 03-03-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rossimarnz View Post

Post of the week..be careful when the cheer leaders come out:-) Too many walking wounded on this share for some not to cash out...slow any potential rise.

Sold a few over the past couple of days from the trading pile...a quick 20-30 cents per share is nice business without being greedy...

and I am out. The recent sell down from the Chief Operational Integrity & Standards Officer made my case for me. I hope I am wrong and you guys shoot to 2.6 but I am new to investing and have made my 35% in 6 months and I am very happy as AirNZ was 100% of my portfolio until just now

I am sure i'll be buying back in soon enough

Captain David Morgan is a recidivist offender, (if you call such a thing a moral offence). Personally I am not reading anything into that other than some people like to invest their money / and or spend it in places other than where they work.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Captain David Morgan is a recidivist offender, (if you call such a thing a moral offence). Personally I am not reading anything into that other than some people like to invest their money / and or spend it in places other than where they work.
    He's got a good title now that David - was just Chief Pilot before ha ha. That was decent payday though eh. Does he miss out on a $32,000 divie?

Management seem to have good financial advisers with a trading bent I reckon. They were pretty good at picking the top the last rash of selling weren't they .....do we expect to see a series of these anouncements over next few weeks?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    He's got a good title now that David - was just Chief Pilot before ha ha. That was decent payday though eh. Does he miss out on a $32,000 divie?

Management seem to have good financial advisers with a trading bent I reckon. They were pretty good at picking the top the last rash of selling weren't they .....do we expect to see a series of these anouncements over next few weeks?
    This_is_what_I_am_thinking_as_well

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

The fancy pants title probably came with a further pay rise Yes he misses the divvy and average sale price was $2.31 so maybe not quite such good timing this time.
    Yes they seemed to pick the right time to sell last time, (management in general). A series of these announcements would be a little disconcerting but as I am holding a core portfolio position primarily for long term dividend income I am happy to ride the aircoaster long term with seatbelt firmly fastened, tray table folded away and motion sickness pills on standby
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    A birdy says hes building a house in central.Gone over budget.
    Last edited by RTFQ; 03-03-2017 at 02:37 PM.