sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Where do we see SP dropping to tomorrow?
    I am holding long term for the dividend income so within reason don't care but its worth pointing out that for normal sized dividends most NZX stocks recover the dividend paid within a few weeks most of the time.
    That said I think most of the 10 cents has already been priced in so a semi permanent drop to circa $2.30 wouldn't surprise me.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I am holding long term for the dividend income so within reason don't care but its worth pointing out that for normal sized dividends most NZX stocks recover the dividend paid within a few weeks most of the time.
    That said I think most of the 10 cents has already been priced in so a semi permanent drop to circa $2.30 wouldn't surprise me.
    Not to worried about sp dropping 10 or 20c. As long as I can lock in the div and then sell a few for a loss by the 31/3/17 for tax purposes. My av price atm is $2.05 so have about 36c wiggle room.

Membaa

Big-wigs active again today.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Not to worried about sp dropping 10 or 20c. As long as I can lock in the div and then sell a few for a loss by the 31/3/17 for tax purposes. My av price atm is $2.05 so have about 36c wiggle room.
    Losses when average price is $2.05?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Losses when average price is $2.05?
    Yes I was wondering the same thing as apart from a separate day/ short term trading parcel then all losses can only be claimed of your average buy in price, in this case $2.05 or less.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yes I was wondering the same thing as apart from a separate day/ short term trading parcel then all losses can only be claimed of your average buy in price, in this case $2.05 or less.
    Maybe a fellow poster who we won't name does his tax returns .......lol
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

That be Creative Accounting INC aye winner.

Advanced Member

It' a long story I would like to share at the next st meeting. Basically have made too much share trading and want to make a little loss so will not have to pay to much tax on profits. I would be happy for sp to drop back to 2.10 so as to make a loss on the last bundle bought between 16/2/17 and 28/2/17 at av price of $2.179c Already had a bundle bought in Oct last year at av price of $1.75c, which are not going to sell. So tomorrow is going to be a busy day.
    Last edited by see weed; 08-03-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    That be Creative Accounting INC aye winner.
    The IRD do my tax returns, after I do all the accounting. All they do is full in the dots.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face Well dodgy dealings

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    It' a long story I would like to share at the next st meeting. Basically have made too much share trading and want to make a little loss so will not have to pay to much tax on profits. I would be happy for sp to drop back to 2.10 so as to make a loss on the last bundle bought between 16/2/17 and 28/2/17 at av price of $2.179c Already had a bundle bought in Oct last year at av price of $1.75c, which are not going to sell. So tomorrow is going to be a busy day.
    FIFO - No ?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum