sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post
    Hello Xerof, may I ask where did you find out about this piece of news please?
    Replaced by A2 Milk - funny eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So management have cashed up (sold) over 2.5 million shares this month - just boosting the pay packet

Senior management team (9) total remuneration F16 was over $15 million

Some say well deserved - I say what a junket this is
    Its a very large organization with approx. 11,000 employees. If you don't pay well you don't attract top talent. Compare AIR's performance with how senior management at Virgin have been performing for their shareholders
    Senior pilots are also paid very well but would you rather have someone on the controls who's come up right from base level through the flight school ranks and has 20,000 hours commercial experience landing at Wellington in a 30 knot crosswind or someone from Jetstar trained predominantly on a simulator ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-03-2017 at 04:54 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Its a very large organization with approx. 11,000 employees. If you don't pay well you don't attract top talent. Compare AIR's performance with how senior management at Virgin have been performing for their shareholders
    Senior pilots are also paid very well but would you rather have someone on the controls who's come up right from base level through the flight school ranks and has 20,000 hours commercial experience landing at Wellington in a 30 knot crosswind or someone from Jetstar trained predominantly on a simulator ?
    Don't make me scared Roger. I'm flying Jetstar tomorrow to Wellington!

Yikes - the Air NZ Senior Management team is less diverse than Heartlands

Of the 10 in the team only 1 female

Guess what - yes it's the Chief People Officer

Shocking stuff - not proud of my company

A recent study from MSCI found companies with strong female leadership generated a return on equity of 10.1 percent per year versus 7.4 percent for those without a critical mass of women at the top
    Last edited by winner69; 14-03-2017 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Don't make me scared Roger. I'm flying Jetstar tomorrow to Wellington!
    ... and I am sure you will be fine. How do they say ...they always come down, one way or another ;

No, seriously - I don't think that Jetstar has a worse safety record than AIR. What they however do offer is less and inferior service ... including the option to sell you a ticket but to not carry you at all if it doesn't suit them.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Unhappy

Yikes - the Air NZ Senior Management team is less diverse than Heartlands

Of the 10 in the team only 1 female

A recent study from MSCI found companies with strong female leadership generated a return on equity of 10.1 percent per year versus 7.4 percent for those without a critical mass of women at the top
    What Makes a Team Smarter? More Women

There’s little correlation between a group’s collective intelligence and the IQs of its individual members. But if a group includes more women, its collective intelligence rises.

The research: Professors Woolley and Malone, along with Christopher Chabris, Sandy Pentland, and Nada Hashmi, gave subjects aged 18 to 60 standard intelligence tests and assigned them randomly to teams. Each team was asked to complete several tasks—including brainstorming, decision making, and visual puzzles—and to solve one complex problem. Teams were given intelligence scores based on their performance. Though the teams that had members with higher IQs didn’t earn much higher scores, those that had more women did.
    https://hbr.org/2011/06/defend-your-...ter-more-women

Not very comforting for the males amongst us!

“Know the power of women in leadership. SHE makes a difference.”

Fearless Girl - Statue put up by State Street Global Advisors .....to encourage companies to be diverse at A senior level
    Last edited by winner69; 14-03-2017 at 05:54 PM.

What's going on with AIR - those managers sure know how to time their cashing in their bonuses by selling shares eh

At this rate, with no more excitement for a while, could drift back to sub $2

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

What's going on with AIR - those managers sure know how to time their cashing in their bonuses by selling shares eh

At this rate, with no more excitement for a while, could drift back to sub $2
    I sold half yesterday morning and then the other half after reading the managers had sold some so I missed todays drop. Feeling a tad lucky but they may take off again tomorrow, who would know!

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    I sold half yesterday morning and then the other half after reading the managers had sold some so I missed todays drop. Feeling a tad lucky but they may take off again tomorrow, who would know!
    i sold 75% mine on ex day the bounce after ex was icing on the cake. airlines index down this mth so far so no reason air wont mimic it and drectors selling must indicate they think the price is good.
    one step ahead of the herd