sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    RAsK numbers, both short and long haul, continue their decline v same period last year
    You must be reading a different report to one I am reading.
    "Air New Zealand carried 1,268,000 passengers during the month of February, an increase of 2.4%compared to the same period last year. Revenue passenger kilometres (RPKs) were 2.0% higher on acapacity (ASKs) increase of 5.3%. Group load factors were down 2.6 percentage points overall to 81.6%."

Group load factors were down 2.6% in a month that 3.45% fewer days. That makes it an increase compared to the number of days.

This what I looking at

RASK YTD Short haul down 6.6% (worse than YTD January which was down 6.4%)
    RASK YTD Long haul down 14.8% (worse than YTD January which was down 14.1%)

To me thats a continuation of declining RASKs v corresponding period last year (and not offset by increased ASKs)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    "Air New Zealand carried 1,268,000 passengers during the month of February, an increase of 2.4%compared to the same period last year. Revenue passenger kilometres (RPKs) were 2.0% higher on acapacity (ASKs) increase of 5.3%. Group load factors were down 2.6 percentage points overall to 81.6%."

Group load factors were down 2.6% in a month that 3.45% fewer days. That makes it an increase compared to the number of days.
    Jantar - load factor is RPK's divided by ASK's, nothing to do with days in a month. Think of it like capacity utilisation - Air's planes based on kilometres flown were 81.6% full in February.
    Last edited by Arbroath; 21-03-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down No Comment

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    RAsK numbers, both short and long haul, continue their decline v same period last year
    I agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by RTFQ View Post
    I think you may be looking at "year to date", Short haul was up for the month.
    Yes, he was. They do not give RASK for the month, but it was down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post

You are reading the same report, but you are totally misunderstanding it.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 21-03-2017 at 06:28 PM.
    om mani peme hum

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    You are reading the same report, but you are totally misunderstanding it.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    Jantar - load factor is RPK's divided by ASK's, nothing to do with days in a month. Think of it like capacity utilisation - Air's planes based on kilometres flown were 81.6% full in February.
    My apologies, I am in a daze today and you are both right. A factor is a ratio and has no dependence on time.

However,all the time dependant indicators are up on the same month last year.

LOL for someone who said they weren't going to comment I think you might have tripped over your own paws there Paper Tiger
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Short Haul passenger numbers increased 2.2%. In the Domestic market demand
    (RPKs) increased by 5.9%, with capacity (ASKs) increasing by 6.4%, due to
    increased services on Auckland - Queenstown and the main trunk routes, as
    well as growth on the regional routes resulting from up-gauging to larger
    aircraft. Domestic load factor decreased 0.5 percentage points to 83.2%.

Available seat kilometers increased for Feb17 relative to FEB16
    Revenue per passenger kilometer increased Feb17 relative to Feb16
    Load factor was only down 0.5% Feb17 as opposed to Feb16

I suggest costs are down per ASK's and Cargo is at record highs.
    Last edited by RTFQ; 21-03-2017 at 05:04 PM.

Yes we'll likely see some further CASK improvement this half as fuel and maintenance hungry 767-300's leave the fleet this month replaced by state of the art dreamliners.
    You know you're getting older when you can remember back 20+ years ago when those 767's were considered absolute state of the art and ultra efficient aircraft that apparently bean counters loved because they were so cheap to fly. Where do the years go...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Veteran novice

Where do the years go...
    They disappear along with the DC3, the Viscount and the Lockheed Electra. Now there was an aircraft!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    LOL for someone who said they weren't going to comment I think you might have tripped over your own paws there Paper Tiger
    I'm glad he did comment - cause he said I was correct and I got a smilie thing

Made my day ha ha
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”