sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    My apologies, I am in a daze today and you are both right. A factor is a ratio and has no dependence on time.

However,all the time dependant indicators are up on the same month last year.
    .....but revenues (money in the bank) are less than same month last year ....and for the year to date
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Arrow I have an alibi - when did it happen ?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    LOL for someone who said they weren't going to comment I think you might have tripped over your own paws there Paper Tiger
    It was not me - it must have been written by another Paper Tiger.
    om mani peme hum

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    It was not me - it must have been written by another Paper Tiger.
    Maybe you did not pause enough ...

Investor

Good recovery today in an otherwise weak market overall...

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Good recovery today in an otherwise weak market overall...
    Life in the old bird yet eh.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Jetstar getting terrible press over cancelled flight to Auckland meaning people missed out on Adele. Their social media is a mess full of complaints. Bodes well for AIR NZ domestically. They only have one competitor Jetsar which has a pretty dismal reputation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Jetstar getting terrible press over cancelled flight to Auckland meaning people missed out on Adele. Their social media is a mess full of complaints. Bodes well for AIR NZ domestically. They only have one competitor Jetsar which has a pretty dismal reputation.
    Jetstar service is abysmal and their backup is basically non existent. They offer a low level of competition for Air at the very most.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Jetstar service is abysmal and their backup is basically non existent. They offer a low level of competition for Air at the very most.
    I think it really depends on the type of traveler, someone on business i'd think AirNZ has that one pretty well locked down, especially koru users. Those connecting with international flights i'd think the ease of having a single ticketed connecting flight again AirNZ would come out on top there.

However, AirNZ market share has gone down, with one report putting it at 80% market share down from 84%

http://www.infometrics.co.nz/regiona...on-passengers/

I guess the question is who those travelers are, I used jetstar frequently when I was in NZ as I didn't have checked luggage, I didn't mind if my flight was delayed slightly (no connections) and the price was often significantly cheaper unless AirNZ had a sale. Looking at my fellow travelers they definitely seemed to be more price conscious, and maybe AirNZ doesn't want these travelers, they would be low margin clientele.

I think these are two completely different airlines with different business models, unfair to constantly compare the two.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Subway View Post
    I think it really depends on the type of traveler, someone on business i'd think AirNZ has that one pretty well locked down, especially koru users. Those connecting with international flights i'd think the ease of having a single ticketed connecting flight again AirNZ would come out on top there.

However, AirNZ market share has gone down, with one report putting it at 80% market share down from 84%

http://www.infometrics.co.nz/regiona...on-passengers/

I guess the question is who those travelers are, I used jetstar frequently when I was in NZ as I didn't have checked luggage, I didn't mind if my flight was delayed slightly (no connections) and the price was often significantly cheaper unless AirNZ had a sale. Looking at my fellow travelers they definitely seemed to be more price conscious, and maybe AirNZ doesn't want these travelers, they would be low margin clientele.

I think these are two completely different airlines with different business models, unfair to constantly compare the two.
    I hear that for example here in Nelson we are experiencing a large number in tourists flying in on Jetstar. With the road closed down the east coast many of the so called freedom campers which we are swamped with here, are flying between islands instead of taking the ferries and then picking up a van here (happy THL holder:-) ) and driving on down the West Coast, which is also bursting at the seams with inflow of tourists. The roads are also struggling with the traffic leading to lots of unscheduled road repairs, which has become very frustrating for road users.
    I know this is only a recent and a very small part of domestic air travelers but I think the Kaikoura earthquake has certainly made a huge difference on how people in the South Island travel these days. I would suggest many more are flying down here, benefiting both AIR and Jetstar.
    Last edited by iceman; 24-03-2017 at 07:08 AM. Reason: spelling

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    But no mention of the AIR flight cancelled same day.