sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    But no mention of the AIR flight cancelled same day.
    Yes, exactly. Jetstar have become somewhat of a punching bag for the general public. AirNZ do have similar issues, although not to scale.

I think people need to remember that Jetstar's business model is predicated on low-cost and consequently, their performance is can be more effected by staff illness, aircraft breakdowns etc. than AirNZ who are running a relatively more modern and larger fleet, and who have much larger volumes of staff available to provide cover.

Perhaps it's human nature to want to pay next to nothing but expect perfect service?

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Jetstar service is abysmal and their backup is basically non existent. They offer a low level of competition for Air at the very most.
    ✈Fly Emirates on an A380, then compare it with any Air nz service. Ive also been told fly the new Air China services and compare with Air nz. Then talk about low level service😆. I think jetstar and Airnz are both budget airlines. Except airnz is a patriotic brand. Kiwis have been successfully sucked in with bloody good marketing.📺

I avoid flying airnz, a bus🚌 chch to dunedin will suffice. Cheaper and often takes the same time when flying in from Sydney. Sick of paying the same price from syd to chch as chch to dunedin.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenterjoe View Post
    ✈Fly Emirates on an A380, then compare it with any Air nz service. Ive also been told fly the new Air China services and compare with Air nz. Then talk about low level service. I think jetstar and Airnz are both budget airlines. Except airnz is a patriotic brand. Kiwis have been successfully sucked in with bloody good marketing.

I avoid flying airnz, a bus chch to dunedin will suffice. Cheaper and often takes the same time when flying in from Sydney. Sick of paying the same price from syd to chch as chch to dunedin.
    I flew the Air China service on a 787 from Beijing to Auckland back in February and it wasn't anything special to write about. In economy class the food, seat and entertainment were all average at best and no where near as good as what Air NZ offers on flights from China. I travel a bit for work mostly to China these days and AirNZ is better than Air China and Southern China by quite a margin in my opinion.
    Last edited by ace5715; 24-03-2017 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ace5715 View Post
    I flew the Air China service on a 787 from Beijing back in February and it wasn't anything special to write about. In economy class the food, seat and entertainment were all average at best and no where near as good as what Air NZ offers on flights from China. I travel a bit for work mostly to China these days and AirNZ is better than Air China and Southern China by quite a margin in my opinion.
    Good to know, this was a Sydney Christchurch route. Wonder if they alter their standards on different routes.

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenterjoe View Post
    Good to know, this was a Sydney Christchurch route. Wonder if they alter their standards on different routes.
    They do. Long haul flights are far superior in terms of leg room, food, service etc.

In a couple of weeks I'll be flying AIR to Shanghai then Air Austria to Vienna. Will be interesting to see how they compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Yes, exactly. Jetstar have become somewhat of a punching bag for the general public. AirNZ do have similar issues, although not to scale.

I think people need to remember that Jetstar's business model is predicated on low-cost and consequently, their performance is can be more effected by staff illness, aircraft breakdowns etc. than AirNZ who are running a relatively more modern and larger fleet, and who have much larger volumes of staff available to provide cover.

Perhaps it's human nature to want to pay next to nothing but expect perfect service?
    Yes absolutely it is but just like my mother and probably everyone else's mother told them as a child, you get what you pay for and with Jetstar that isn't much.
    Anyone who has been very seriously inconvenienced by their old shabby aircraft or insufficient engineering or crew back up will know their approach is simply that they couldn't care less, (how is anyone for example expected to find a hotel in Queenstown at the last minute with their meagre $150 overnight allowance which is a complete joke, assuming they simply didn't keep you waiting at the airport almost indefinitely in the first place).
    Its Jetstar's staff attitude that I personally find really offensive, honestly they just don't care and don't even make the slightest pretense about it either. I have concluded that I think a significant proportion of Jetstar's staff have a very strong preference to be flying for a proper airline and are simply starting with Jetstar as a way to get into the industry. Never again even if they are half the price or less of AIR.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    service .
    On this I think Air are well ahead .. Is it possibly because the Cabin Crew are usually more mature ( to put it kindly )...

AIR marketing people salivating today with many of the photos taken on the flight south to see the southern aurora last night

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/themes...outhern-lights

Awesome photo and what branding

(I've signed up to go next year if they get one organised)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Senior Member Toulouse - Luzern's Avatar

Jetstar are a punching bag because they cut far too many corners.

Why I no longer fly Jetstar ...

Eg. On a trip to Brisbane and on to Bali, the Jetstar WLG flight to Brisbane leaving from WLG at 7.30am ish was staffed by a Christchurch Jetstar crew who flew as passengers from CHC to WLG. CHC was foggy. We missed our Brisbane connection to Bali and lost a day of our holiday.

Coming home via Sydney Mrs TL and my luggage was checked in together.

Mrs TL got hers in WLG and went through customs.

After an hour and a half I gave up.

It took another week for my luggage to arrive ...

Air NZ service is very good, Singapore Airlines is excellent ...

Apparently many Adele fans flew into Hamilton and drove through to Auckland because airfares were much cheaper to Hamilton than flying to Auckland

Hope heads roll in AIR HQ for allowing this to happen - not maximising profits at peak demand times

Not good enough - hope they don't take the eye off the ball when the Lions are here
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”