sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Qantas up 3.3% as we speak so being dragged up by that I reckon, too dear for me as I'm not interested in anything but an XXXOS holding for the next divvy.
    Partly sold my trading stock today..a near dollar return plus the dividend leaving me with a sizable longer term parcel with an average buy in price of 1.83. Plenty of headroom there for any volatility. It all comes down to your buy in and what price that is.. you have to feel for those that held on after the last drop and sweated it ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Partly sold my trading stock today..a near dollar return plus the dividend leaving me with a sizable longer term parcel with an average buy in price of 1.83. Plenty of headroom there for any volatility. It all comes down to your buy in and what price that is.. you have to feel for those that held on after the last drop and sweated it ever since.
    yes sold a few too have been playing it since those 1.70 lows as well , still got some for div too.
    one step ahead of the herd

Wow, that's amazing buying Raz. My average buy price in comparison is 2.42 (averaged down from 2.62)! Bought a lot at 2.19 to get that giant dividend and then saw the price sink.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    yes sold a few too have been playing it since those 1.70 lows as well , still got some for div too.
    Same here. Have sold down a few AIR, HLG,GNE,WHS,HBL,SPK & STU....no more divs for 4 or 6 months, but in the meantime have been stocking up with IFT to grab their div in a few weeks. Will get back to the other lot at a later date.

Default AIR N.Z. New Zealand's most attractive employer

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/9223...ctive-employer

Plenty of attractive pony tails to pull and the most attractive employer in the country... no wonder John wanted on board ...meanwhile over at the infamous Jetstar I see they're now cramming even more of them in. 29 inch pitch seats on international flights for goodness sake, that is truly pathetic, honestly I wouldn't fly even if it was free, some things are simply too disgusting to endure. http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/9...to-airbus-a320
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-05-2017 at 03:43 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/9223...ctive-employer

Plenty of attractive pony tails to pull and the most attractive employer in the country... no wonder John wanted on board
    Being a flight attendant on domestic and trans Tasman flights ain't too attractive. My daughter worked for Air a few years ago and her pay worked out at $8/hr when she included all her down time that she wasn't getting paid for. Good for International attendants, pilots and all those other mega paid staff though. PS-She pulled the pin after having a nose to tail and writing her car off, on the way home from the airport one wet night ,after working a 14 hr trans Tasman shift(Home to home time)
    Last edited by couta1; 08-05-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Sorry to hear that mate, must be pretty tough starting out. I thought they started on about $38K last time I heard and that included six weeks annual leave ?

Meanwhile... SP keeps gaining altitude...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Sorry to hear that mate, must be pretty tough starting out. I thought they started on about $38K last time I heard and that included six weeks annual leave ?

Meanwhile... SP keeps gaining altitude...
    Not sure exactly what they start on now, but 5 years ago, it was less. Once you move up the food chain, things get better and worshipping the pilots helps to get you there(I'll leave that to your imagination what that might mean) Meanwhile Qantas hits a 52wk high.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Not sure exactly what they start on now, but 5 years ago, it was less. Once you move up the food chain, things get better and worshipping the pilots helps to get you there(I'll leave that to your imagination what that might mean) Meanwhile Qantas hits a 52wk high.
    I'll keep it clean...Letting you bun down into a pony tail and not complaining when its pulled perhaps...has John Key got his pilots licence LOL
    Is it just 55 year old men that have some peculiar thing with pulling pony tails LOL. My daughter has a large black pussycat with a very, very thick, long and furry tail...almost as much fun...thing is though, the cat doesn't much like it either
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-05-2017 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Add silly story about daughetrs cat

Investor

Well QAN keeps surging ahead full steam, upto 4.80. My pick is AIR might break 2.75 mark today.