sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

I never quite understood individuals using their own experience as anecdotal evidence for how a company is performing in general. Sure every airline will have some issues at some point. People unlucky enough to be affected by those issues will understandably have a negative view based on their experience.

I think how the company responds in the long run to most of these issues is a more pertinent measuring stick of performance as well as how often these incidents occur compared to competitors.

Just my 2 cents worth...which is exactly how much AIR has gained today. Peace.

$3 beckons for AIR (maybe by month end) - get there about the same time as QAN gets to $5 in Australia
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    $3 beckons for AIR (maybe by month end) - get there about the same time as QAN gets to $5 in Australia
    Are you holding Air winner? you seem mighty keen on that $3 mark. PS-Your welcome to have as many as you like at that price, well actually even at todays finishing price.PPS-I reckon there will be a lot of very relieved people to see the stock get back to the $2.80 mark again and will be taking the nearest exit door with much gratitude not to have lost their skin.
    Last edited by couta1; 17-05-2017 at 07:50 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Are you holding Air winner? you seem mighty keen on that $3 mark. PS-Your welcome to have as many as you like at that price, well actually even at todays finishing price.PPS-I reckon there will be a lot of very relieved people to see the stock get back to the $2.80 mark again and will be taking the nearest exit door with much gratitude not to have lost their skin.
    I think you're right about that, your PPS that is, which is why some people won't sell into strength until the up-trend abates, which it hasn't so far. This stock has many and varied perspectives because it suits multiple investment and trading strategies, at any given point in time.

For momentum traders with capital sensitive strategies it's 'Ride the wave', AIR is already a massive winner for those who bought the recent reversal upwards and still hold. This cyclical stock is performing as expected, cyclically, and until it turns over, the patient and observant will hold. They'll be out at the first sign of reversion to the down-trend.

Until then the uneasy balance between divi strippers, long termers, divi holders, and momentum traders (and no doubt others) will continue to keep us informed, entertained and sometime amused.

$3++ I said on May 1 winner, stop being conservative.

I don't really do charts anymore, just eyeball the patterns and post the odd comment about what I am seeing, but the inverse H&S looks to have plenty of AIR between breakout and final measured target. Some young turk might do a chart for us.

still long here and nothing saying sell yet

ooh, having said I don't post charts, I think I highlighted SUM gap on a chart around 4.93, that I used to accumulate sum more SUM. I thought it might have been useful to sum people by showing the power of the chicken bones (sumtimes)

anyway, the gap got filled and was a nice reversal point, so far
    Last edited by Xerof; 18-05-2017 at 09:29 AM. Reason: removed the disgustingly large picture

Banned

Nothing saying sell, but equally important nothing saying buy either, unless your certain it's not nearing it's cyclical peak, which I am certainly not certain about.

Interesting to see Virgin languishing at an all time low of just 17 cents. People heavily criticized Chris Luxon for "spitting the dummy" about the incumbent under-preforming CEO" with rumor's of either he goes or I go. The VAH board aren't looking too clever now are they ! AIR did well to extricate themselves from that pup last year with the shares now languishing at close to half what AIR sold their stake for. Often a bit of fire in one's belly and righteous indignation is a very useful character tool to possess in business, this a classic case in point.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Jeez - at this rate might be 3 bucks next week

No worries

Banned

No worries
    But are you holding?

No worries

...as long as the other execs dont joing Stephen and offload heaps of shares

Those AIR execs prett canny sharetraders - they invariably pick the tops to off load their free shares (sorry the pay packet ones)