sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I'm speaking from a dividend yield perspective, removing specials. In answer to your question though, I'd say ATM would fit the bill. Regardless of all that, I simply wouldn't have held from $2.29 to $2.985, so it isn't really relevant to myself. I sold my holding early in order to even out income years somewhat, as the Air divvy was paid in March and I didn't want any more divvies in that financial year.
    You are a rare beast on a financial forum " even out income" paying tax means you are making money .....ATM not bad looks like $ 2.95 ish to 3.37 same timeframe .

Amazing how things can change so quickly.

Still I agree with Couta. The SP was around $3 when AIR was at record profits. How much further can it go? Probably another 10% but there's a bit of risk at the current SP too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    You are a rare beast on a financial forum " even out income" paying tax means you are making money .....ATM not bad looks like $ 2.95 ish to 3.37 same timeframe .
    Excess imputation credits must be carried forward. PS-ATM more like $2.60ish to $3.85 over same period.
    Last edited by couta1; 01-06-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    So what other stock on the NZX has put as much profit in the hand I make it 10 weeks $ 2.29 > 2.985
    brought in about yr ago at 2.30 got the special divs + div , brought at 1.75 lots + more divs just sold the remainer of my shares reckon gains + divs = just over 100% gain in a yr so I thinks its difenetly one if not the best performing stock on the nzx wether it continues who knows but im departing the flight thx air nz for the great ride.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post

Still I agree with Couta. The SP was around $3 when AIR was at record profits. How much further can it go? Probably another 10% but there's a bit of risk at the current SP too.
    Extract from post #11148
    That would give after tax EPS of circa 38 cps. Average ten year PE is 11.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    brought in about yr ago at 2.30 got the special divs + div , brought at 1.75 lots + more divs just sold the remainer of my shares reckon gains + divs = just over 100% gain in a yr so I thinks its difenetly one if not the best performing stock on the nzx wether it continues who knows but im departing the flight thx air nz for the great ride.
    Very well done, your trigger fingers are well controlled.

Very well done, your trigger fingers are well controlled.
    Its only ever in hindsight one truly no's if they made the right decisions - win some lose some

anyway air reminds me of NZR enjoy it why the conditions are more than favourable
    one step ahead of the herd

A superb presentation, clearly articulating their strategy going forward. Very impressively managed company.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I'll buy it again at the right price, at its current price it's not a stand out from a few other high divvy payers on the NZX. Looking ahead a couple of years toward a potential for more specials, then it stands out again. PS-Opportunity lost is money that was never yours as opposed to profit in the hand.
    I guess that is you are called "Cautious Couta"!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post

Yep, a lot of toppy stocks on the NZX currently, however there is still SUM value to be found out there, for those happy to pay top dollar, that's their choice ,but I've been stung many times and had to sell for significant losses in the past, either that or wait years for the price to come back to your buy in average or not.