sharetrader
Page 116 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 16661061121131141151161171181191201261662166161116 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 20199

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

The investor presentation has the following comment with regard to virgin
    "Board seat to be taken up, equity accounting to follow"

Does this mean that virgin's losses will now be part of AIR's P&L? Brokers are forecasting a $82 mill loss for FY15.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

I see the flying Kangaroo has its nail's clipped and is withdrawing capacity on the Tasman, see N.Z. Herald article today...I'll post a link later if I get time.

Really... the unions over there seem determined to destroy almost all industry. When baggage handlers are earning well north of $A100,000 with all the union allowances what hope has Qantas got ? Plays into AIR's ongoing growth in my opinion.

Guys, have a good read of that investor briefing I posted above. This company could be making close to half a billion dollars in a few years time, heaps and heaps of blue sky left for this puppy to keep gaining altitude.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-06-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Default Duopoly on the Tasman

Rogers link;

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11277625

As I posted previously there are a large number of underutilised A320's in the Near Abroad. Governments on both sides of the Ditch have a near open skies policy.

In the global scene having the luxury of manipulating flights for revenue maximisation like that enjoyed by the (Cullen Airlines - Virgin{underarm bowlers division}) and Queer And NasTy AirlineS duopoly is very rare. As we all know competition hates a vacum, sooner or later someone is going to have a go.

Roger: Baggage handlers @ Sydney, While a concern in my opinion the biggest problem Queer and Nasty Airlines faces is inept management.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 20-06-2014 at 10:52 AM. Reason: spelling

While a concern in my opinion the biggest problem Queer and Nasty Airlines faces is inept management.
    Without a doubt but the Unions are a major impediment to Qantas and always will be. On the other hand Air's management look like they've got their team working well together and streamlining aircraft types and looking for further efficiencies...ready too hit the after-burner on profits
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-06-2014 at 11:25 AM.

http://ir.delta.com/files/doc_presen...001_r4m6e6.pdf

According to a leading analyst on CNBC speaking this morning his top pick in the Airline sector was Delta so I thought I'd dig out some info on them, see presentation. Forward PE is 10.9 for 2015.

AIR's shareprice has taken a beating in the last few days, is it just profit taking? I hadn't seen any negative news. Buyers are pretty thin on the ground today, it could slide a bit further too. Edit: actually on second thoughts 15c drop is probably not 'a beating' but still...
    Last edited by bryndlefly; 27-06-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bryndlefly View Post
    AIR's shareprice has taken a beating in the last few days, is it just profit taking? I hadn't seen any negative news. Buyers are pretty thin on the ground today, it could slide a bit further too. Edit: actually on second thoughts 15c drop is probably not 'a beating' but still...
    Hard too understand. May 2014 operating figures are out and it all looks very positive. End of financial year, (30 June), selling by Australians is my best guess for this correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hard too understand. May 2014 operating figures are out and it all looks very positive. End of financial year, (30 June), selling by Australians is my best guess for this correction.
    I think Forbar have downgraded them. Also, AIR have annouced they will equity account Virgin. This has the effect of lowering profits. Other than that, I've no idea. Profit taking? It has had a great run.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Susceptable to long term changes in fuel prices too. Perhaps that market expects there to be on going trouble in Iraq. More than normal that is.