sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Over priced relative to what other successful well managed airline ?...this question is open to anyone, not just Paper Tiger who has already been asked and didn't provide a real answer. Please can we have some common sense on here. If you're going to claim something is overpriced, overpriced relative to what other relevant metric or comparative company and why ? Overpriced relative to what other well managed company on the NZX ?
    I get the frustration...in the end for many it is just a perception..AIR has moved up with the other airlines on PE. The taper off in the share price increases recently may just reflect the sentiment expressed here by many currently....

Also, oil inventories are reported to be significantly down, raising the price of oil. Possible to result in a slight change of sentiment towards long term expectations, negative impact on SP expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    I get the frustration...in the end for many it is just a perception..AIR has moved up with the other airlines on PE. The taper off in the share price increases recently may just reflect the sentiment expressed here by many currently....
    Me too cant comprehend the yardstick for overpriced...

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    Me too cant comprehend the yardstick for overpriced...

What you reckon a 'fair' price is then (your valuation)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Starting to look a bit oversold recently. Have noticed sp drops during the day and then bargain hunters come back in at end of day. But in saying that, did a very kind deed and took an early div of 15% gain from last lot bought 3 and 4 weeks ago and sold 9% of my holding. Thought I would let a few new holders get in and enjoy the fun. My av price is now 2.71. If sp goes any lower before ex div, then will jump back in.

Thanks for sharing, Warren Buffett recognizes that this time it really is different but the sceptics on here for reasons best known to themselves can't seem to get their head around that.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Thanks for sharing, Warren Buffett recognizes that this time it really is different but the sceptics on here for reasons best known to themselves can't seem to get their head around that.

Price of oil and consolidation were the keys for the US market place to be sustainable. They still have terrible customer service and leadership. You would think AIR is a far less uncertain and simply proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Price of oil and consolidation were the keys for the US market place to be sustainable. They still have terrible customer service and leadership. You would think AIR is a far less uncertain and simply proposition.
    I do indeed and lets not forget the difference in the dividend yield ! Some people take for granted our ability to claim full imputation credits, (they shouldn't as not that many countries have such a system) so the ability to earn circa 8% gross on ordinary dividends, plus special dividends in due course is not to be sneered at. (20/344) / 0.72 = 8.07% gross. I suspect Warren Buffett would be even more keen if he could earn 8% dividends !
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-07-2017 at 01:14 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I do indeed and lets not forget the difference in the dividend yield ! Some people take for granted our ability to claim full imputation credits, (they shouldn't as not that many countries have such a system) so the ability to earn circa 8% gross on ordinary dividends, plus special dividends in due course is not to be sneered at. (20/344) / 0.72 = 8.07% gross. I suspect Warren Buffett would be even more keen if he could earn 8% dividends !
    Maybe Warren HAS been buying of late .....or since May

Might have been swayed by having a SIR and a famous Australian joining the Board.
    Last edited by winner69; 20-07-2017 at 02:05 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”