sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11895927

Poor reporting because it didn't even contain the revised guidance by the company on 1 June but I provided a link nonetheless for those interested.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11895927

Poor reporting because it didn't even contain the revised guidance by the company on 1 June but I provided a link nonetheless for those interested.
    Do you think those ADR's will have a positive effect on the sp? I'm hoping so.

Extra liquidity is usually a good thing mate.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Just had the pleasure of partaking a 10 hour flight on one of your flagship aircraft...boy do you get well looked after in business...or as far as I could see from the back of the plane....should of asked Jerry brownlee...no cattle class for him..just straight to the front never to be seen again...top class, top service all round and professionals..only complaint was the peas,bit hard to eat with a fork on a bumpy flight..

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    Just had the pleasure of partaking a 10 hour flight on one of your flagship aircraft...boy do you get well looked after in business...or as far as I could see from the back of the plane....should of asked Jerry brownlee...no cattle class for him..just straight to the front never to be seen again...top class, top service all round and professionals..only complaint was the peas,bit hard to eat with a fork on a bumpy flight..
    Just mash them!

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Do you think those ADR's will have a positive effect on the sp? I'm hoping so.
    Looking at the performance of AIA, the introduction of ADRs is a mixed bag. Instead of remaining a steady growth company it has degraded into a range bound up-down cyclical waste. The graphs are showing the distinct Rinse, Wash, Repeat. There are definite signs of the robot trading software driving the trends but I'm also wondering if some Americans are in need of regular instant cash Fix's. If so then its a worrying development... Sort of speaks to the underlying stability of the market as a whole...

Oil up 16% in July 2017 so far and its resulted in something of a healthy, (in my view) correction to all the airline stocks I follow.
    I've mentioned at least twice already in early July I expected some consolidation around the $3.20 - $3.30 level. AIR finished the June quarter at $3.26 so towards the back end of July the stock has performed as I expected, early July was a surprise as it roared away as high as $3.60.

Wouldn't read too much into the tea leaves of ADR trading, AIR cruising along around this level with some turbulence like most other airlines are. Solid fundamentals underpin the stock at this level but watch Oil. In the long run a move up into the mid - late $50's or even $60 - $70 won't hurt AIR with its young fuel efficient fleet as oil prices and yield are usually inextricably linked but it could affect short term sentiment. We need some earnings insight before we can establish where to from here but I am very confident in the long term dividend yield which is my primary reason for investing so although I took a little bit of cream off the top of a tasty cappuccino (so too speak) earlier this month I remain with my core holding. It has clearly broken down through the 30 day MA so some caution is warranted.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-07-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Good airlines extracting maximum profit out of available space .....but maybe getting too greedy .....and we know what happens then.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...a-safety-issue

AIR not lily white on some of measurements mentioned in the article
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good airlines extracting maximum profit out of available space .....but maybe getting too greedy .....and we know what happens then.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...a-safety-issue

AIR not lily white on some of measurements mentioned in the article
    Goodness me, please don't get the cheerleader started on the size of AIR seats and spacing again vs the rest of the airlines, or maybe just reference the numerous posts on the matter. Do we really want that whole marketing promotions campaign repeated?

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Goodness me, please don't get the cheerleader started on the size of AIR seats and spacing again vs the rest of the airlines, or maybe just reference the numerous posts on the matter. Do we really want that whole marketing promotions campaign repeated?

Lol
    Ha ha

Their seats on the Dreamliner are over 17cm ....just at 17.2 cm

Don't think you can get much smaller than that

Good they squeeze as many as they can in ....more money for shareholders
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”