sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by QOH View Post
    Did the Air Nz staff get their last bonus sixmonths or a year ago.?
    If it's every six months that's getting frequent, hope they don't learn to expect it. I'd like to see it paid to them in shares.
    12 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHunter View Post
    Yes you can - if you are holding shares on the record date you receive the dividend.
    Another newbie here. Divi is paid to anyone holding shares on the record date of 08/09/17 from what date is it safe to sell shares and not lose the dividend?

Guru

The day they are quoted as ex dividend.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thanks...............

Disc: Little harm was incurred in the over exuberance, SP actually ended up 1 cent on the day. The hound is still happy to chew on this bone long term.
    Sure glad you cannot be sued or rather leashed for that over exuberance of yours But still looking forward to your next analysis/paralysis bark on this one soon. TY too.

A few notes to take from the annual presentation

- Gearing has dropped from the 1H result from 56% back into the safe range to 52% (AIRs self imposed range is 45-55%). Still early days to ramping up dividends but progress is being made. 11c is a good middle ground imo.

- We are reaching near the back end of the CAPEX spend. Still some efficiency gains to be had though. Notable two more dreamliners coming next year. This means that oil prices going up will favour AIR as it will choke out those operators with older fleets. While AIR can still sustain the same prices on fares.

- Capacity and load factors are improving in AIRs favour and the domestic market is starting to soften a bit as well. More flights locally and short haul to the Pacific are pleasing signs that the CAPEX spend will pay dividends (pun intended) in the future.

- Normally there is an outlook with estimate on the profit band but there is nothing given this time around. Just saying that management are confident of passing this result here.

I'm happy with my 11c dividend and will hold onto it.
    Last edited by value_investor; 23-08-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Confession time

But PT my furry friend, you did suggest in that post not to pay anywhere near $3 for an AIR share so anyone who took that advice could be very cross with you !
    No good being right with the profit projection if you can't work out what PE the stock should be trading on ! Have you made a dog's breakfast of your recommendation yourself

Edit - SP looks like closing the day up a bit so it would appear one is better to follow a bullish hound than a bearish Tiger... Shall I save a helping of tonight's humble pie to share with you
    $2.871 - that is my forward valuation for 30-Jun-2018 based on todays information. Definitely you should not be paying a cent more.
    I believe this a slight increase on my last valuation.
    So it should be on a P/E ratio of about 8.5. That sounds right when there is a lot more downside risk than upside reward looking into the distance.

As for the price it is currently trading at, markets are irrational, and while I do not invest in airlines I may have made a lot of money off them in recent times.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Removed as off topic
    Last edited by Meextr; 24-08-2017 at 06:59 AM. Reason: not appropriate to thread

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    $2.871 - that is my forward valuation for 30-Jun-2018 based on todays information. Definitely you should not be paying a cent more.
    I believe this a slight increase on my last valuation.
    So it should be on a P/E ratio of about 8.5. That sounds right when there is a lot more downside risk than upside reward looking into the distance.

As for the price it is currently trading at, markets are irrational, and while I do not invest in airlines I may have made a lot of money off them in recent times.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    I listened into the conference call yesterday and I can assure you that's not how senior management see it. I think your bias against airlines and AIR is "plane" for all to see from the outset of this thread. If you took your blinkers off you might see a well managed company focused on tight cost control and disciplined growth.
    Just as well you're doing okay with your consulting work...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

I listened into the conference call yesterday and I can assure you that's not how senior management see it. I think your bias against airlines and AIR is "plane" for all to see from the outset of this thread. If you took your blinkers off you might see a well managed company focused on tight cost control and disciplined growth.
    Just as well you're doing okay with your consulting work...
    Of course management don't see it that way.
    I'm not suggesting that either view is right but because management see things one way doesn't make it right - plenty of examples where management have been wrong.

Not sure who has the better blinkers here.

Default Tourism boom Keeping AIR N.Z. In Clover

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Of course management don't see it that way.
    I'm not suggesting that either view is right but because management see things one way doesn't make it right - plenty of examples where management have been wrong.

Not sure who has the better blinkers here.
    Chris Luxon has built a very good and reliable track record over several years of being a straight shooter and calling it as it is. His forward looking comments have proved far more reliable than the professional analysts and certainly far more reliable than non professional commentators like some on here who have had a consistent bias against AIR since right at the start of this thread 13 years ago. If you have a look at the 2017 stocktastic share competition you will see the track record of the poster in question, a bottom quartile performance this year and from memory this has been the case for several years now.
    Conclusion - When one selects which blinkers to wear, go for the soft furry ones issued by AIR's senior management as they have the record of being the most reliably comfortable to wear and certainly a far more rewarding experience http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/e...-in-cloverhtml
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-08-2017 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Add link
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine