sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Unhappy Know when I am beaten

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    ...If you have a look at the 2017 stocktastic share competition you will see the track record of the poster in question, a bottom quartile performance this year and from memory this has been the case for several years now. ...
    I think we are all in awe of the high intellectual levels you are able to achieve.
    Something the rest of us are unable to match.

PT
    om mani peme hum

Investor

Nice price action today, must be due to the fact that Morningstar recommended to "reduce" and market thinks that's good sign to buy...

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Nice price action today, must be due to the fact that Morningstar recommended to "reduce" and market thinks that's good sign to buy...
    LOL classic. I think the market is taking its cue for yesterday's upbeat conference call. Luxon has the runs on the board and interestingly if you strip out $112m foreign exchange gains from the 2016 result the 2017 result looks stunning considering the tsunami of new competition and moderately higher oil price.
    2017 will go down as the year AIR proved the strong resilience of their business model and many of the 10 new competitors have now retrenched their capacity.
    Luxon's concluding remarks from the call "onward and upward" says it all.
    Disc: This post was made using carbon friendly furry blinkers provided by AIR senior management but the hound uses his own furry ears to muffle the occasional negativity. Happy to follow my nose with this one. Now we're over $3.50 maybe the exuberance was warranted after all...just got the year wrong for the earlier forecast, should have read FY18
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-08-2017 at 04:16 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

This is what should have happened yesterday. I'll finish that popcorn off and get some bubbly cooling. Even had 2nd thoughts when someone posted it could head down to the 2.50 - 3.00 level. Lucky we have a guard dog to see those boohoos off. Even the tiger is purring like a little kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    This is what should have happened yesterday. I'll finish that popcorn off and get some bubbly cooling. Even had 2nd thoughts when someone posted it could head down to the 2.50 - 3.00 level. Lucky we have a guard dog to see those boohoos off. Even the tiger is purring like a little kitty.
    Woof woof.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Woof woof.
    Thanks for all your input Beagle and others over the last year or so.

Morningstar sucks!!!! I can't understand why they always make comment from the opposite.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kelfy View Post
    Morningstar sucks!!!! I can't understand why they always make comment from the opposite.
    Five years ago they said it was worth $1.55c. so jumped in at $1.15c and rode it all the way down to about 85c buying more and more on the way down. That went on for about 6mths to a year, then it went up and was happy to get out at about $1.35c. Then it went to $3
    Last edited by see weed; 24-08-2017 at 05:23 PM.

A bit of a head scratcher on the gains today based on the earnings announcement. Maybe we'll see it come down a bit closer to $3 when the dividend period is over.

Exciting times ahead..

There is an underarm bowler on the internet speculating Cullen Airlines will fly to Nu Yawk.

Here is a link;

https://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetal...ork-non-stops/

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

PS. More on this including speculation Cullen Airlines will order a new aircraft type for this route;

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-qa...KCN1B41QY?il=0
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 25-08-2017 at 12:42 PM. Reason: added PS
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.