sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation Wide Open Skies

Of course Qantas could do Oz to New York via Auckland.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Great result from Qantas

Profits down about the %age as AIR and 2nd best profit on record ......and a share buy back to top it off

Performance like that and being Australian on the ASX no wonder trades at higher multiples than AIR
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Default A long Kangaroo hop - best not be any headwinds to drink extra fuel !

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11910906

Passengers can "look forward" to a whopping 20 hours ensconced in cattle class in the future...

They could call this flight the DVT special !
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-08-2017 at 04:38 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Now I understand how to read them. All we need is to act opposite from Morningstar. When they say buy, you sell.

Banned

They still have a valuation of $2.60 for Warehouse.

The NZ instos have not liked AIR for a very long time and if you follow them, the best thing to do for AIR is to do the opposite of what they say.

Banned

Default Jetstar cuts early morning regional flights

Thank you Jetstar for being so useless. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11913894

Disc: Bad experience with Jetstar a few years back, will never fly with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    Thank you Jetstar for being so useless. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11913894

Disc: Bad experience with Jetstar a few years back, will never fly with them again.
    Just imagine how dear Air New Zealand flights would be if Jetstar would go away. If you are a traveller and have to pay for your fares yourself, thank God every morning for Jetstar instead of trashing them.

I still remember the dark times when AIR was the only player around here. It was more expensive to book a flight CHC - AKL with AIR, than doing the flight via Sydney. Long may Jetstar continue ... they are the only ones keeping AIR honest ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Interesting to see capacity contraction in the regions at a time when AIR have announced significant regional capacity expansion.
    Speaks for itself in terms of customer choice which is directly related to service standards in my opinion.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Interesting to see capacity contraction in the regions at a time when AIR have announced significant regional capacity expansion.
    Speaks for itself in terms of customer choice which is directly related to service standards in my opinion.
    Not sure. I do fly more often with AIR than with Jetstar ... and maybe I am just lucky, but so far both carriers did bring me always in time and as promised to my chosen destinations. Couldn't find either that the seats or the sweets on AIR are better or worse than on Jetstar ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)