sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Not sure. I do fly more often with AIR than with Jetstar ... and maybe I am just lucky, but so far both carriers did bring me always in time and as promised to my chosen destinations. Couldn't find either that the seats or the sweets on AIR are better or worse than on Jetstar ...
    I tend to agree. I have had more delayed departures with Air NZ than with Jetstar - but both pretty reliable in my experience.

A glass of of wine in the evening courtesy of Air NZ is not matched by Jetstar.

The hound is bored with playing with the "beat Jetstar up stick", the facts speak for themselves, Jetstar are retrenching capacity in the regions whilst Air New Zealand are expanding capacity and frequency. Quite obvious that the public are voting with their feet.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

TLDR; in a position to afford AirNZ prem economy and would like people to share their experience.

Slightly off topic. Anyone here lucky enough to have flown AirNZ premium economy? Worth the extra price for a long haul flight to London May next year? just did a super quick fare check and economy 1.5k prem economy 3k. One way. Wow.
    3 reasons why I'm lucky enough to even think of doing this.
    1. You wonderful people on this forum are making me rich.
    2. AirNZ shareholder since last month, if its good enough to invest in then I got to try out the product(well I've flown AirnNZ domestically and the service is many times better then the Beagle poop that is Jetstar).
    3. Sorry for the following swear, I wont say it here amongst share traders(BP fingers in ears, eyes closed, say lalalalalalala many times) its an anagram of bionic-t(that anagram is so cool) . I was going to lock in the profits later this year when it hit 5k but doing it now to book an early flight.

Only other airline I'd consider is one using an A380, their prem ec is upstairs and that would be an awesome experience.

Herbacious

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    TLDR; in a position to afford AirNZ prem economy and would like people to share their experience.

Slightly off topic. Anyone here lucky enough to have flown AirNZ premium economy? Worth the extra price for a long haul flight to London May next year? just did a super quick fare check and economy 1.5k prem economy 3k. One way. Wow.
    2. AirNZ shareholder since last month, if its good enough to invest in then I got to try out the product(well I've flown AirnNZ domestically and the service is many times better then the Beagle poop that is Jetstar).
    3. Sorry for the following swear, I wont say it here amongst share traders(BP fingers in ears, eyes closed, say lalalalalalala many times) its an anagram of bionic-t(that anagram is so cool) . I was going to lock in the profits later this year when it hit 5k but doing it now to book an early flight.

Only other airline I'd consider is one using an A380, their prem ec is upstairs and that would be an awesome experience.
    Yes I've flown Premium Economy and definitely think it's worth it for a long or medium haul flight.

Well off topic, but I can see everyone having a bit of fun with this one. Start a new thread? (I have some thoughts to add).

Banned

Thanks cyclist, sorry for the long post off topic, just a bit too energetic this morning.

Suggestion taken up and I have started a thread here https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...-AirNZ-or-A380
    Last edited by Fatboyj; 01-09-2017 at 08:58 AM. Reason: 1st draft looked rude

Quote Originally Posted by mondograss View Post
    Yes I've flown Premium Economy and definitely think it's worth it for a long or medium haul flight.
    I have flown premium economy (and it's nice) but I've only done it when it hasn't cost very much to upgrade or the upgrade has been thrown in free.

I am obviously a tight-ar*e but 1.5K buys a lot of flat ale, some nice restaurant meals and an accommodation upgrade while you are on hols. If I'm paying I'll take a bit of discomfort for 24 hours and save the dosh. If someone else is paying then bring on the leg-room!

Hmm - you sure you want my input on this?

Yes, I did fly several times premium economy with AIR over to the US and to Europe (this is however some years ago).

You get better food, free lounge access - and more legroom. Personally do I find however the premium economy seats from Quantas better - I always found the AIR premium seats a bit too short (seat to footrest) - despite not being a tall person.

Company paid for it ... and it helps to hit the next day after the arrival from a long haul flight the ground running. However - is it worth it if you pay for it yourself? Not sure. I guess the question is - can you imagine anything else you could do with these additional $3k (return) you pay which are more worth to you than sitting for 24 hours a bit more comfortable?

BTW - not good in following instructions, but in my view a good idea to realise some of the trading profits with crypto ... better safe than sorry ;
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 01-09-2017 at 09:40 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Jeez - even Gaynor seems to have fallen in love with AIR

That 4 bucks only weeks away

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11915724
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”