sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Default Copy of Communication to Airpoints Members

As you will no doubt have seen in the media over the past couple of days, the temporary shut-down of Refining New Zealand’s fuel pipeline into Auckland is impacting all airlines operating into and out of Auckland Airport and limiting the volume of jet fuel able to be uplifted.
    Unfortunately Air New Zealand is experiencing disruption to services as a result of this issue including a number of flight cancellations as we work to consolidate passenger loads and minimise fuel usage. We are working with affected customers to offer alternative flight options.
    In addition to the cancellations, some long-haul services to and from Asia and North America will undertake necessary refueling stops at selected Pacific or Australian airports in order for us to alleviate pressure on fuel supplies in Auckland.
    If you are currently booked to travel into or out of Auckland in the coming days, please keep an eye on the Air New Zealand Travel Alerts page for the most up to date information on flight cancellations – this page will be updated regularly.
    Should your flight be affected, we will be in touch with you directly about the options available to you.
    Unfortunately, this issue is beyond Air New Zealand’s control and we are extremely disappointed that this key infrastructure failure is now impacting on our operations and on you, our customers.
    Please rest assured we are doing everything within our control to minimise the impact on customers’ travel plans. In the meantime – to those of you impacted, we do appreciate your patience and understanding and thank you for your ongoing cooperation.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I was hoping for a bit more panic to set in before I came in on some shares..

Finished up stronger than I thought

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    As you will no doubt have seen in the media over the past couple of days, the temporary shut-down of Refining New Zealand’s fuel pipeline into Auckland is impacting all airlines operating into and out of Auckland Airport and limiting the volume of jet fuel able to be uplifted..
    Just wondering - do Airpoint liabilities show in the accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Just wondering - do Airpoint liabilities show in the accounts?
    Yeap, sure do.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yeap, sure do.
    Was recorded as $316m in June Accounts
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Outside thinking.

The current fuel issues and vulnerability of AIR to outside events, reminds me of why, two years ago I had a rethink on my AIR holdings and decided that if I was going to invest in 'tourism' it may be better to choose THL.

Interesting to compare what has happened to the SP of both companies since then. THL in red. AIR in blue. (Remember this chart ignores Div yield.)

Attachment 9178

Tip to get to Auckland airport quicker ......follow a fuel tanker

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/969...ckland-airport
    Last edited by winner69; 19-09-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Could be some interesting bird watching for you mate. Long haul planes taking off from Wellington on maximum possible thrust and maximum fuel payload for the runway length. I can't help wondering who is going to get sued for this ? I hope whoever dug that pipeline up has a very large public liability insurance policy.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________

Do not believe the public relations B.S. about no big problem with premium grade petrol in Auckland. I am topping up my Beast with 98 Octane this evening if I can find a supply of it. Already publicly we are starting to see a problem with 95 Octane availability and 98 is harder to get. I speculate the problem is already a LOT worse than what's said on public record. Will resort to feeding the beast 95 if I have too but it doesn't like it.
    http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/nation...cid=spartandhp
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-09-2017 at 05:45 PM.

cancelling ticket sales , flights - downgrade time soon if it lasts too long
    one step ahead of the herd