sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    We're in good company though because the CEO and Chairman of the board were seen chatting with us bronze status commoners.
    Maybe the special treatment was reserved for Knights and their companions as I didn't see Sir John Key mixing and mingling in economy class afterwards.

N.Z. Herald reporting yesterday that fuel supply is back to 100% at Auckland Airport, just in the nick of time for the school holidays, good stuff.
    Sir John was their for a little while then got lost in the crowd. I was quite relieved when C L reassured me there would be no specials over or near NK. all round.

I don't think the beagle sniffed out the hidden word at the bottom of my in-jest post.

All shareholders are equal, it's just that some are more equal than others. I was Gold Elite when I was to-ing and fro-ing to the USA every 3 months for a while in bizzo. It's crushing news to be told you're being demoted to Gold, then Silver, and finally to Bronze when your travel frequency dries up On the bright side, we're all still on the winners podium

Hound was so busy on Friday he just about went cross eyed. Fortunately my nose for corporate B.S. is still intact in spite of a thorough workout on Friday in relation to matters I can't discuss on here, (not in any way related to AIR) Yes I missed your hidden word but knew you were speaking in jest
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

If Air New Zealand said they were close to joining up with AIRCOIN the share price would shoot up to $5

I have no idea how AIRCOIN works but any company that mentions 'coin' gets a sudden boost

The times they are a changin'
    Last edited by winner69; 02-10-2017 at 12:41 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Simple change of name for the AirPOINTS scheme to AIRCOIN is all that required and $5 here we come

Air tell me their airpoints are just like cash.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Test your mettle on the longest commercial flight in the world...yikes not for me would really put the lag into jet lag. http://www.msn.com/en-nz/travel/news...cid=spartandhp

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Test your mettle on the longest commercial flight in the world...yikes not for me would really put the lag into jet lag. http://www.msn.com/en-nz/travel/news...cid=spartandhp
    Doing this flight next Friday, followed by another one 2 hours later thru to London, will let you know how it go's. Have done most other variations of the trip to London and now look for a more pleasant on ground experience than standing in a usa customs line for an hour each time I transit with Air NZ thru LA

Cynically I wonder if this is pretend stuff with main aim to make more money. Good story though.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/975...rounded-planes

Give AIR some credit though - they have some pretty well thought of people on their Sustainability Council. Sort of suggests they do take sustainability seriously .. but profits still fitRst I fear.

Like the comment about AIR being good at recycling (useless) Prime Minister who was well past his use by date
    Last edited by winner69; 05-10-2017 at 07:04 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Cynically I wonder if this is pretend stuff with main aim to make more money. Good story though.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/975...rounded-planes

Give AIR some credit though - they have some pretty well thought of people on their Sustainability Council. Sort of suggests they do take sustainability seriously .. but profits still fitRst I fear.
    I wonder if they are using Cavotec equipment to provide ground power.

http://www.cavotec.com/en/your-applications/airports

Cavotec was for a time listed on the NZX as a result of their takeover of Mooring Systems.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

Nothing new in plugging aircraft into terminal power. This has been happening for a number of years. All airlines do the same thing to keep APU use to a minimum. Why it is being reported as something new beats me.