sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

PT / Baa Baa..... im calling you out. In Rogers defence when pushed he lists the reasons why he sees AIR as a good company / investment.

Would you care PT / Baa Baa to let us know why you see AIR as not a good invetment? I think its only fair that you justify your disdain?

Those with a negative view were extremely vocal this time last year. The share price has since doubled plus 21 cents of fully imputed dividends. I guess some people are busy licking their wounds wishing they had invested
    For those who have short memories. I repeat. I spoke with Chris Luxon personally after the annual meeting on 28 September 2017. He is very confident indeed about the outlook. If you don't believe me, ask seeweed, he was there and heard what Chris had to say.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-10-2017 at 10:47 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool Off to see Blade Runner 2049 today

Quote Originally Posted by barleeni View Post
    PT / Baa Baa..... im calling you out. In Rogers defence when pushed he lists the reasons why he sees AIR as a good company / investment.

Would you care PT / Baa Baa to let us know why you see AIR as not a good invetment? I think its only fair that you justify your disdain?
    Start with this post and then read forward through all of my posts until you get to the cute cat picture.

Then, maybe, you can form a considered judgement.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

For a clearer picture of one's propensity to put their paws over their eyes please start with post #3 on page 1 of this thread in 2004 and post #22 on page 2.
    Filter everything subsequent to that with that natural bias and one may understand another's position should they choose to bother to do so. There was an even far more enlightening post in the very early days from a poster that has been deleted.
    I actually like post #1 on page 1, extract Has Air NZ clawed it's way back into consideration? The tiger and the hound can both relate to claws Yes it has through superb management.

In today's press one fund manager is heard to pontificate and wonder if the NZX50 has got too expensive on a PE of 22. (I presume he means trailing PE).
    It probably is very fully priced but I own very few stocks on that PE with the exception of ones with outstanding growth prospects like ATM.
    Here we have a superbly managed company, well placed with a modern fuel efficient fleet, outstanding proven management and strong fully imputed dividend yield on a forward PE of approx. 9.5. Some will never be able to see the wood for the trees because all they see is the negative...

I reiterate yet again, Chris Luxon is extremely positive about the outlook.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-10-2017 at 01:53 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Those with a negative view were extremely vocal this time last year. The share price has since doubled plus 21 cents of fully imputed dividends. I guess some people are busy licking their wounds wishing they had invested
    For those who have short memories. I repeat. I spoke with Chris Luxon personally after the annual meeting on 28 September 2017. He is very confident indeed about the outlook. If you don't believe me, ask seeweed, he was there and heard what Chris had to say.
    Yeah, all good and positive. No planned flights over or near NK.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Yeah, all good and positive. No planned flights over or near NK.
    Quite apart from the really sound fundmental's mate, its also now looking very promising from a technical analysis perspective. Having bounced nicely off the 100 day MA twice in recent weeks I've noted a breakout above the 30 day moving average late last week confirmed by trading on Friday and again today.

Looks like we're very well positioned

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Quite apart from the really sound fundmental's mate, its also now looking very promising from a technical analysis perspective. Having bounced nicely off the 100 day MA twice in recent weeks I've noted a breakout above the 30 day moving average late last week confirmed by trading on Friday and again today.

Looks like we're very well positioned
    That's right, but having a little breather from AIR at the mo. Stocking up on ATM, HLG and a bit of NZO this week but will get back to AIR in Feb. for next div.

new Dreamliner for AIR

Hope I never fly in it - what an awful colour - be sick before takeoff I reckon

https://twitter.com/FlyAirNZ/status/917145088353955840
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Wonder if this will fly to London via LA next year. That will be a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    new Dreamliner for AIR

Hope I never fly in it - what an awful colour - be sick before takeoff I reckon

https://twitter.com/FlyAirNZ/status/917145088353955840
    That's just the night time soothing ambient lighting mate, another one of the special features of these new technology aircraft.

seeweed - You and couta1 are playing the same game I reckon, looking for a pullback and look to get in for the next dividend. The problem is I reckon you're both odds on favorite to be paying more than $3.50 by February 2018. The market is saying they're worth that now. Be a tough pill to swallow if they were $4 then wouldn't it
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-10-2017 at 04:31 PM.