sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    That's just the night time soothing ambient lighting mate, another one of the special features of these new technology aircraft.

seeweed - You and couta1 are playing the same game I reckon, looking for a pullback and look to get in for the next dividend. The problem is I reckon you're both odds on favorite to be paying more than $3.50 by February 2018. The market is saying they're worth that now. Be a tough pill to swallow if they were $4 then wouldn't it
    That ambient lighting makes me sick ..generally been greenish when I'm there. I hate having them trying to fool me into thinking it's night time when I know the sun is shining outside and there's awesome views of the Gobi Desert or the Himalayans to see.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That ambient lighting makes me sick ..generally been greenish when I'm there. I hate having them trying to fool me into thinking it's night time when I know the sun is shining outside and there's awesome views of the Gobi Desert or the Himalayans to see.
    I guess they have their way of programming it to suit the flight / meal schedule and have to consider what the majority of people might want at any point in time. If you get a upper level Mercedes-Benz you can call your own shots and dial up your own choice of ambient lighting from a palate of 64 colors...a choice to suit the mood of every occasion.. No guarantee it'll withstand the rigors of traversing the Gobi desert or Himalayan mountains though Look at it this way mate, you're a fortunate soul to have seen such sights no matter which colour ambient lighting was showing inside. The glass is definitely half full
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-10-2017 at 06:32 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Missed by that much

What is worse is that their timing of dimming the lights etc makes jet lag a lot worse. The best way to minimise the effect of jet lag is to try and sleep when it is dark outside and stay awake when it is light.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    What is worse is that their timing of dimming the lights etc makes jet lag a lot worse. The best way to minimise the effect of jet lag is to try and sleep when it is dark outside and stay awake when it is light.
    Totally agree mate

Leave London 10pm to Hong Kong they try to fool you its night time almost all the way to Hong Koing and then after an hour or so transit they try to fool you its night time again all the way to Auckland (get breakfast just before you get back). Seems even worse those midnight flights out of Auckland through Hong Kong arriving mid afternoon London (just after breakfast)

So they pack almost 24 hours 'night time' into a 30 hour trip ... I cant cope with that

All to provide minimal service

At least on the older planes you can pull the blinds up to see amazing Pacific sunrises ....and get told off big time for doing that sort of thing.
    Last edited by winner69; 09-10-2017 at 09:30 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

That's just the night time soothing ambient lighting mate, another one of the special features of these new technology aircraft.

seeweed - You and couta1 are playing the same game I reckon, looking for a pullback and look to get in for the next dividend. The problem is I reckon you're both odds on favorite to be paying more than $3.50 by February 2018. The market is saying they're worth that now. Be a tough pill to swallow if they were $4 then wouldn't it
    I don't mind paying $4 to get the div. as long as a2 is at $8 plus div by then.

Totally agree mate

Leave London 10pm to Hong Kong they try to fool you its night time almost all the way to Hong Koing and then after an hour or so transit they try to fool you its night time again all the way to Auckland (get breakfast just before you get back). Seems even worse those midnight flights out of Auckland through Hong Kong arriving mid afternoon London (just after breakfast)

So they pack almost 24 hours 'night time' into a 30 hour trip ... I cant cope with that

All to provide minimal service

At least on the older planes you can pull the blinds up to see amazing Pacific sunrises ....and get told off big time for doing that sort of thing.
    Fact is AIR are on record several times reporting very high satisfaction level's with their new Dreamliner's and these highly efficient aircraft are one of the major drivers behind recent CASK reductions so they're really good for top line and bottom line growth. Naturally they're never going to keep everyone happy, all of the time but you conveniently overlook better air quality, better humidity, bigger windows, lower effective cabin altitude of 6,000 ft compared to 8,000 ft for older generation aircraft which is much kinder on the body, especially the heart work rate which is good for older folks travelling long haul. Evidence and feedback suggests jet lag is materially better with these aircraft than older generation ones. More here http://www.boeing.com/commercial/787...n/#/passengers
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-10-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Do I hear the patter of the guard beagle's feet approaching

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    I note that
    Mr Jones, (Former) Chief Strategy, Networks and Alliances
    and
    Mr Wallace, Chief Revenue Officer

have admitted to selling a couple of hundred thousand shares a piece.

Baa Baa reckons that a nod is as good as wink to a blind horse.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Well this MUST be the Top then:

https://nzx.com/companies/AIR/announcements/308474

I note that the new Mr Chief Strategy, Networks and Alliances was not willing to buy all the shares that the former Mr Chief Strategy, Networks and Alliances sold.

What do you think Baa Baa?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Default Yawn

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Well this MUST be the Top then:

https://nzx.com/companies/AIR/announcements/308474

I note that the new Mr Chief Strategy, Networks and Alliances was not willing to buy all the shares that the former Mr Chief Strategy, Networks and Alliances sold.

What do you think Baa Baa?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Why bark twice about the same thing, can't be bothered https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...71&FORM=VDQVAP P.S. That beagle beside the food bowl is me waiting for the next juicy dividend ...but even in my half sleepy state I note that Stephen Jones is the former chief strategy officer, leaving the company and sold his shares for $3.37 so he's lost out in more ways than one !

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU171...uches-down.htm New Dreamliner with new configuration arrives. #10 to join the fleet.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-10-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Arrow Back to your basket to sleep.

Why bark twice about the same thing...
    It is actually a different thing.

...http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU171...uches-down.htm New Dreamliner with new configuration arrives. #10 to join the fleet.
    You barked about that one yesterday as well.

[Posted from the comfort of the fresh laundry pile]
    om mani peme hum

Quite right, I'm tired.... that's enough barking for the day, have a good evening