sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yeap sold 60% of mine on Monday and Tuesday. Headwinds starting to emerge, (currency, oil and left wing government) and technically it doesn't look all that good with a clear sustained break below the 100 day MA line. Gave away too many profits last time it went above $3 and then nose dived down to $1.75...once bitten twice shy so locked plenty in this time ! Still like this extremely well managed company but not prepared to swim against the tide for ANY company, its too much hard work !

Think this can generally be applied to a few companies on the NZX currently...

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Think this can generally be applied to a few companies on the NZX currently...
    Couldn't agree more !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Couta thanks for your concern on the way up , I have exited for now . Having a crack at a couple of things on the other side of the Tasman .
    You must have trolled through the archives for a while to dig up that old post, still at least I called it as I saw it at the time.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You must have trolled through the archives for a while to dig up that old post, still at least I called it as I saw it at the time.
    No , there were plenty to choose from ........

Banned

No , there were plenty to choose from ........
    What's your motive for bringing any of them back up though?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    What's your motive for bringing any of them back up though?
    I thought it was plain at the time. You were making a poor call ,against the trend . I was worried that you would scare other investors out of a good trade .
    Now I believe the trend has changed I just wanted to let you know I had done a stop/profit on the trade .

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    And who is the resident naughty dog who flies to Europe on a regular basis for no other reason than a holiday ?
    Better scoot down and buy an electric car to ease your conscience mate
    Cut footprint by half by going for one long trip instead of two shorter trips ......and plant hundreds of trees as an offset

And last time went economy which apparently has a lesser footprint than business and first class.

And I didn’t tick the offset box when booking. They still have that don’t they
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Cut footprint by half by going for one long trip instead of two shorter trips ......and plant hundreds of trees as an offset

And last time went economy which apparently has a lesser footprint than business and first class.

And I didn’t tick the offset box when booking. They still have that don’t they
    Yes I believe they do, (but wonder if it just goes into the P&L somewhere...what a naughty cynical old dog I am) but you could always give your friend Jacinda a call, rumor has it they might struggle to meet their promise to plant 100 million trees this year
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Originally Posted by couta1
    Great company, but I don't see value at current prices. I try and avoid buying stocks these days when i consider they are either fully priced or overpriced, and IMO Air is fully priced at $2.50.

I thought it was plain at the time. You were making a poor call ,against the trend . I was worried that you would scare other investors out of a good trade .
    Now I believe the trend has changed I just wanted to let you know I had done a stop/profit on the trade .
    Interesting discussion Couta1 and stoploss.
    I don’t agree that Couta was making a poor call. It was the right call for Couta, and he was very clear why it was right for him.
    It’s all about knowing who you are and finding an investing/trading style that suits you.
    Different strokes for different folks. Investor or trader? As I see it you both have different investing timeframes and different investing/trading styles. From what I see Couta1 is a long term buy and hold investor, whereas stoploss appears to be short term trend-following or momentum trading with AIR which is not Couta’s style.
    Quite different styles, and you can both be winners. There is no one right way to invest. What couta1 said was right for him, and what stoploss did was right for him. You both can be right. Different styles of investing/trading.

Morningstar has a valuation of $2.60 reduce

Morningstar has a valuation of $2.60 reduce
    Wish I hadn't trimmed my holding now. Those guys are far more often wrong than right. Shares are fair value at present in my opinion.

Couta1 a very nice guy and the most honest bloke on here by miles even if sometimes he makes the wrong call at least he's transparent about it, never duplicitous or opaque about his stance on things.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-11-2017 at 02:05 PM.