sharetrader
Page 125 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 25751151211221231241251261271281291351752256251125 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 20199

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

He's a nice bloke and well overdue for some good fortune

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    mmmm looks like good buying Couta (however it is early days.) While I appreciate you sharing your purchase, I'm slightly wary as based on your Xero experience your post could be the kiss of death for AIR !? (Bit like a certain brokers recommendation.)

Sincerely, I wish you well with this purchase, it looks like a good long term move.
    (Disc: holding and accumulating when opportunities arise.)
    If only iI had that much influence on stock prices looks like Moosie has put the Kiss of Death on several stocks today

There's been a lot of comments that the stock seems to be a bargain at the current SP, and modandm has previously mentioned lobbying for a special dividend, but perhaps an increase in the scope of the share buyback scheme is in the best interests at this point? The DRP was suspended a while back too, perhaps time to reconsider? Personally I've ended up using the dividend proceeds to top up with mostly AIR on the dips anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    There's been a lot of comments that the stock seems to be a bargain at the current SP, and modandm has previously mentioned lobbying for a special dividend, but perhaps an increase in the scope of the share buyback scheme is in the best interests at this point? The DRP was suspended a while back too, perhaps time to reconsider? Personally I've ended up using the dividend proceeds to top up with mostly AIR on the dips anyway.

can you confirm re DRP plan?

The form is still available on their website

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/shareholder-forms

Hunting for Heuristic trends

I see the "shake-out" player as mentioned by Hoop ( http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...ll=1#post49166 ) is still at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    The company has record low gearing and I expect well north of $1 billion of cash on hand as at 30 June 2014.
    A special dividend to celebrate the 75th year of the airline seems appropriate to me. I think a special fully imputed divvy of 10 cps would be nice and would cost them a fairly modest $111m and hardly even make a dent on their massive cash stock-pile.
    Lobby them at investor@airnz.co.nz

The more people that send them this suggestion the more likely they are to do it

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    I see the "shake-out" player as mentioned by Hoop ( http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...ll=1#post49166 ) is still at work.
    How does this 'shakeout' work exactly?

Roger - what is most of that billion in cash?

I still recall years ago the CEO touting a billion in the bank ....no worries mate .....right up the day of the govt bailout

Yes fair comment that most of it is tickets paid pending delivery of service but the record low gearing isn't debateable mate

Flight check Seattle to Auckland - Delivery flight of Dreamliner - Pity they didn't
    invite some investors with large holdings along 1/3 rd full seems like a missed
    opportunity to me.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/new...ectid=11293778

Dreamliner 787-9 struts its stuff at Farnborough air show
    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Boeing+787-
    9+Dremaliner+display+at+Farnborough&docid=34759783 3072&mid=F3885085D52
    B63061E03F3885085D52B63061E03&view=detail&FORM=VIR E4#view=detail&m
    id=F3885085D52B63061E03F3885085D52B63061E03
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-07-2014 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Added some links for fun

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yes fair comment that most of it is tickets paid pending delivery of service but the record low gearing isn't debateable mate

Flight check Seattle to Auckland - Delivery flight of Dreamliner - Pity they didn't
    invite some investors with large holdings along 1/3 rd full seems like a missed
    opportunity to me.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/new...ectid=11293778
    what a stupid review for the flight. So many 'one-off' events due to it being the delivery flight, making it non-applicable to every day Joe that has to deal with other passengers and bad tempted flight attendants.