sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    Well well - they are saying their value is $4.09....(as per my earlier post, mine is $4.07).
    How interesting.
    Heavily cashflow-based of course....no accounting for market 'traditional' sentiment towards airlines in general.

The beta comment is interesting...in the short run (3-6 months), AIR has been relatively close to market (beta of 1). But over 12 mths or more, the correlation has been more defensive; my own calcs show the 12 month beta is 0.57. Meaning in theory, its a good stock to hold as the market declines.
    .......but (with a beta of 0.57) in theory not that a good stock to hold in an up market ....yes?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Good to see the executive team haven't lost their touch.....Bruce Parton and Rob Donald sold a few shares before the big drop today.....got to had it to them..

Hope they bought some THL with their newly found proceeds...

Here's a thought Air NZ takes a 5% chunk in THL... helps keeps the Chinese buyers at bay and Air NZ investors get a share of two great NZ tourism related companies.

Would certainly provide a better return for Air NZ than certain Australian Airlines that will go unnamed

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    Good to see the executive team haven't lost their touch.....Bruce Parton and Rob Donald sold a few shares before the big drop today.....got to had it to them..

Hope they bought some THL with their newly found proceeds...

Here's a thought Air NZ takes a 5% chunk in THL... helps keeps the Chinese buyers at bay and Air NZ investors get a share of two great NZ tourism related companies.

Would certainly provide a better return for Air NZ than certain Australian Airlines that will go unnamed
    Will air buy other compaies share?

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Will air buy other compaies share?
    Most probably not ! But dreams are free...

Fares to London getting cheaper

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11942724

This current level of competition is unprecedented and we can only advise that Kiwis take advantage of this incredibly competitive marketplace while it lasts."

He said it was unusual for Air New Zealand to offer such heavily discounted seats on the London route. He said there were "plenty" of seats in the deal.

"My interpretation is that the excess capacity is starting to impact further and wider."
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Crickey that's "cheep" like a budgie. $1,299 to fly on AIR to London including their expensive departure tax. 7 May - 12 June 2018.
    Good opportunity to fly there and parallel import one of those Bust My Wallet cars....or maybe Couta1 needs to lift his game with the skiing and do some spring skiing in Switzerland..only $1,399 https://helloworld.co.nz/Special/air-new-zealand-zurich

Hmmm..fares so good they almost make a shareholder weep but a traveler jump for joy !
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-11-2017 at 03:59 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

May might be a little late for skiing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Crickey that's "cheep" like a budgie. $1,299 to fly on AIR to London including their expensive departure tax. 7 May - 12 June 2018.
    Good opportunity to fly there and parallel import one of those Bust My Wallet cars....or maybe Couta1 needs to lift his game with the skiing and do some spring skiing in Switzerland..only $1,399 https://helloworld.co.nz/Special/air-new-zealand-zurich

Hmmm..fares so good they almost make a shareholder weep but a traveler jump for joy !
    Their problem is via LAX, you end up standing in an over crowded lounge for a couple of hours in transit or via HK and SH their code share partners are far from ideal options...inferior product..word getting out to the wider market..so many better options to London/Europe, product, experience and location on the way plus duration of flights. Harder to charge a premium..can't fool all the...

Share price on Friday... just moving towards my valuation :-)

Dilettante

Raz I've been through LAX a couple of times in the last couple of months and while it was busy, I was pleasantly surprised by how efficient and quick it was with all their new machines and plenty of people to assist both times. A big improvement from having to wait in line for a person inspecting the passport.
    On one of them I had a 2 hours connection from Europe through to AIR and made it with sufficient time to spare
    Last edited by iceman; 13-11-2017 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Addition

AirNZ have been working closely with LAWA, CBP and TSA to expedite transfer processing times and I think that's had a positive effect.
    We have experienced delays of around 45 minutes a couple of times now at the security screening queue because only a couple of staff were available for secondary security screening of electronic devices for the entire terminal. At one point there were a dozen devices all piled up waiting for screening with TSA staff members getting irate themselves.

For routes through to Europe using NZ, I think HKG and YVR would be the top of my list in terms of preference. If using other carriers, then DBX or DOH is preferable IMO.